Road Rage in Florida

/ Road Rage in Florida #2  
So the guy in the car stops short. The motorcyclist gets next to him and starts pounding on the car, telling the driver to pull over. The driver wipes out the motorcyclist, almost killing him, and drives away.

In the interview, the motorcyclist starts talking about how he has a 1 year old kid at home........ he should have thought about that before going up and pounding on the car yelling at the guy to pull over for stopping short. He brought it on himself. He could have just let the guy in the car go away after the short stop. But he didn't. He reacted poorly to a poor situation and got himself deeper into it needlessly.

Of course, the guy in the car shouldn't have done that, either. He could have killed the guy. But my guess is one or both of them are hot-heads. When and if they do catch the driver, he/she will claim they feared for their life because the biker was beating on their window and yelling at them, so they defended themselves. Maybe they could have shot the biker and claimed the same defense; I feared for my life!

The point is, although it appears the car driver is 100% in the wrong at the end of the video, the biker could have driven away free and clear had he not gone after the car for stopping short. He got into a bad situation, and made it worse on himself. Get the license number. Report it to the cops. Go home and hug your kid. That simple.

/ Road Rage in Florida #3  
That's how things escalate. Sometimes it's better to stop, count to 10 and get on with your day.
Still, the car driver should be found and charged; while both motorists deserve to lose their licenses.

/ Road Rage in Florida #4  
What is stopping short?

When I learned to drive, you stopped however you needed to.

If your were following someone it was your responsibility to keep control of your vehicle, so if they stopped quickly you did not rear end them.

If your rear ended them, you were wrong. It was your fault.

Although I don't ride anymore, I have tens of thousands of miles under my belt, through probably about 20 countries.

In this case, while both are wrong, I don't feel any pity for the motorcyclist...

/ Road Rage in Florida #5  
Agree, Moss. The news perspective totally downplays the biker's role. Arrest them both!

/ Road Rage in Florida
Perhaps it is reported differently elsewhere Moss, but in the vid I don't see him close enough to the car to be pounding on it.

Yes, escalating the event while on 2 wheels wasn't the brightest thing to do...... can't say I have much of a sense of humour about being brake-checked on a bike though.... people get pissed enough about this driving a car/truck.

I always ride with the mindset "everyone on the road is trying to kill you"..... clear example above of the minority that are actively trying to do so....

Riding season starting here..... good reminder to everybody to Be Chill/Not Be Stupid......

Would be interesting in this thread for people to post if they have Ever/Now Ride Street ?.

Myself = Yes/Yes.

Rgds, D.

/ Road Rage in Florida #7  
It did show him hitting the door once... not a very wise choice anyways when you're in moving traffic.
Yes/No

/ Road Rage in Florida #9  
It always amazes me that some people have no facility to disconnect emotions from actions. Very unevolved creatures.