Zero turn rollover

/ Zero turn rollover #11  
Not rolling over and living and working on a hill is why I filled my ZTR mower Kubota ZD326 with water and RV antifreeze. Another +160 lbs down near the bottom of the tractor!

I thought about doing the same on mine when I was loading the tires for my Tractor. But haven't gotten to it yet. Was gonna run the tire sizes through the calculator first to see if the weight gain was worth the effort. Tires on my Z121s are more rim then tire.

/ Zero turn rollover #12  
First time I used ztr (trial) slide sideways going in to road ditch with about four foot drop. Thankfully made right mover then turned mower downhill and it road though the ditch fine. But boy is a ztr easy to bog down. As has been said keep it off of wet slopes. You are fighting your self with not being able to use both rear wheels to pull for you normally have to slow one wheel for steering.

/ Zero turn rollover #13  
First time I used ztr (trial) slide sideways going in to road ditch with about four foot drop. Thankfully made right mover then turned mower downhill and it road though the ditch fine. But boy is a ztr easy to bog down. As has been said keep it off of wet slopes. You are fighting your self with not being able to use both rear wheels to pull for you normally have to slow one wheel for steering.

I'v had a x-mark lazer z for the last 12 years 60 in. I am surprised that more hasn't been said about ztr's. If you have hills or if it's even slightly wet they are very, very dangerous and can get away from you right now. They are pretty hard to turn over though. Seat belt is highly recomended. I used to use a striper and took it off last year it handles much better without it.

/ Zero turn rollover #14  
I thought about doing the same on mine when I was loading the tires for my Tractor. But haven't gotten to it yet. Was gonna run the tire sizes through the calculator first to see if the weight gain was worth the effort. Tires on my Z121s are more rim then tire.

According to TD, the rear tires on my ZD326 are 26x12.0-12. Then, according to Rimguard tire fill chart, each tire will hold 8 gallons or about 65 lbs per tire or 130 lbs for the whole vehicle. I have to fix the number I put in the post above, I must have mixed it up for my tractor's front tires.

/ Zero turn rollover #15  
Guys lucky. A while ago around here, a ZTR lost traction, went downhill and pinned a guy against a fence. Mangled his arm pretty bad, no rollover, just entanglement.

/ Zero turn rollover #17  
According to TD, the rear tires on my ZD326 are 26x12.0-12. Then, according to Rimguard tire fill chart, each tire will hold 8 gallons or about 65 lbs per tire or 130 lbs for the whole vehicle. I have to fix the number I put in the post above, I must have mixed it up for my tractor's front tires.

They say mine has 22x10-14 tires. Couldn't find a listing anywhere close on a ballast chart. Searched everyone I could find online. :rolleyes: i got 6 gallons of all season washer fluid left over in the garage from when I filled the tractor tires. Guess I'll have to get out there one of these weekends and see how much they will take :) But first, I got 1,350 sqft of flooring to replace for a honey do list when I get home :eek:

/ Zero turn rollover #18  
As my 17 year old son was driving home today he saw a man roll his exmark, trapping him. My son stopped and was trying to get the man free when others stopped to help. They were able to get it off from the man who was luckily only shaken by the incident. It only takes a second for things to go wrong fast. I have learned this all too well over the years.

Thank your Son in my behalf for engaging and helping. All too often we are reluctant to help. Your Son has been well taught. :cool:

Hear, hear!

/ Zero turn rollover
Thanks for the kind words ovrszd and cqaigy2. He has turned out well despite my best efforts.

/ Zero turn rollover #20  
I won't mow with my ZTR on the water side of the pond any more. Been stuck in the edge of the water twice. It never had a ROPS. Neighbor took the ROPS off his. He has flat ground and said he almost flipped it over first day when it hung on a low limb.