Man in critical condition after flipping tractor

/ Man in critical condition after flipping tractor #1  

JayC

Veteran Member
Man Flips Tractor

If you want to view the article, I posted it above. This is the accident that I posted about in a thread in the Kubota forum. Maybe I should post this there, too, seeing the article said he was on a Kubota. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif He was mowing tall grass near a creekbank when the tractor flipped. It rolled partially into the creek and pinned the guy underneath.

I just wonder how big and old the machine was. It should have had a ROPS and seatbelt. I guess if it were a gray market tractor, that would eliminate that stuff. If he weren't using them either, that would do it too.

When I heard the page on the scanner about the accident, my first thought was he's a gonner. It was nice to hear he survived. So, everyone, please use your ROPS and belts. They don't put them on their for the good looks. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif I would hate to hear about something like this happening to someone here on the boards. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Man in critical condition after flipping tractor #2  
I'm always sorry to read about an accident of this nature and there are many times I don't want to bother putting up my folding ROPS because I mow under a lot of trees, BUT....

Junkman posted in this forum one time about an accident and after reading that I swore to myself I would NEVER fail to put the ROPS up and use a seatbelt. I'm up to about 90% now and thanks to your post I can get up a few percentage points in the future.

/ Man in critical condition after flipping tractor #3  
Thank you for posting the article. It is a strong reminder to me that "safty" comes before any other requirements such as "I have only one hour to get it done..." "...It'll take only few minutes, don't worry about the safety belt...."

/ Man in critical condition after flipping tractor #4  
A few years ago a guy I knew from my trap shooting days was on his farm pulling up some brush, got hung on something and gunned the tractor to break it loose. Flipped the tractor over on him, killing him. He was one that would never use safety belts and I am sure the ROPS was not installed.