dumb idea?..or somebody already thought of this?

/ dumb idea?..or somebody already thought of this? #11  
I jist hate when i read the beginning of a string and like this one i say to myself..mmmmmmmm..hobie cat...uphill counter weights...backhoe off to the side...and things of this nature and then i scroll down and u guys have already used up all of my ideas!!!!

I guess great minds think a like!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

yous guys r jist 2 smart!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

i put posts around a buddy of mines pond last year that was all overgrown and had lots of high grass ....he didn't wanna weed wack it as the grass would choke up the pond...and inbetween the posts i (just steel diggin bars driven in 2') i put ropes really taught...then a pully on each one with stops 6' frome the bars...then a gota (ihad 3 then) on the pulley and let thenm do their magic...3 weeks later ..all neat...alders...popples...brush and grass was down to nuthin!!!
i jist call it controlled grazin!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

huh!!!!!!! least i got sumfn in !!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif that was novel /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ dumb idea?..or somebody already thought of this? #12  
<font color="blue"> They are not capable, that's why top fuel dragsters still blow over. Wheelie bars are not designed to prevent cars from flipping over backwards. Wheelie bar(s): used to prevent excessive front-wheel lift.</font>

The wheelie bars on my motorcycle are strong enough to keep it from flipping over backwards. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

They added a full second to my ET. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

But sticking with the subject... the county mowers that mow ditch banks have a large hydraulic reservoir and counter weight on the left side of the tractor and a flail mower hanging off the right side of the tractor. It is capable of what looks like an 8 foot cutting swath and I've seen it angle down quite a bit below level... maybe 20 degrees or so. Still, that puts me too close to the edge of a ditch to be comfortable. I say, if the bank or hill is too steep to mow, either buy a dedicated slope mower or plant the slope to ground cover. What's the point of mowing grass on a dangerous slope anyway?

/ dumb idea?..or somebody already thought of this? #13  
<font color="blue"> then a gota (ihad 3 then) on the pulley and let thenm do their magic </font>

I think you meant a goat, not a gota, but I like the idea of an organic brush cutter. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif There use to be a person around here that would rent out a herd of goats to people that wanted brush cleared out. He'd come out, fence off the area and let 'em go at it for a few weeks. They worked great and left some nice soil ammendments behind.

/ dumb idea?..or somebody already thought of this? #14  
In order to have the "Cultivision", IH/Farmall put a heavy wheel dish on on side. The Farmall-A has an axle on the right, but the left final drive bolts directly to the tranny. The driver sits to the right of the engine/tranny, so they can see what they cultivate.

/ dumb idea?..or somebody already thought of this? #15  
This may sound like alot of work but can you not just back up and down the slope in the steep places. At the Land fill I run thats how we mow some of the 1to 1 and 2 to 1 slopes that have hidden ruts or anything to upset the tractor. I try to weight one side of the tractor before Id try the side ways wheelie bar it could hand and jerk the tractor around. one thing with the weights is youd have to keep the weighed side uphill.