Safe FEL use or not?

/ Safe FEL use or not? #21  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I own antiques that are as old as Junkman! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
[ducking] )</font>

Andy Are you saying you have a collection of Greek Amphoras ?? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif John

/ Safe FEL use or not? #22  
Hey,

I got one of them, how much is something like that worth?

And is there a way to track them on the internet?

-Mike Z. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Safe FEL use or not? #23  
<font color="blue"> I got one of them, how much is something like that worth? </font>

There's about gajillion of those still out there. I doubt they are worth more than five dollars apiece. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

It's interesting to look at the bottling plants on the bottom of the bottles that haven't existed for many years. This bottle, for example, is from Pennsboro, West Virginia. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Safe FEL use or not? #24  
Forty years ago, some of my co-workers and I drank cokes from a vending machine on our breaks instead of drinking coffee. We used to each buy a coke, look the bottoms and the one who had a bottle from the farthest from Dallas had to pay for all of them. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif And of course, 45 years ago, working in my Dad's service station, I bought lots of cases of those cokes. They cost us $.80 a case (24 bottles in a wooden case) plus 2 cent deposit on each bottle and 2 cent deposit on the case. We sold them for a nickel, so with a cost of $.80 and income of $1.20; not a bad markup. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I also still have one of the 10 oz. Cokes that's never been opened that my wife bought in a 6-pack at Thanksgiving 1969 at the grocery store in a Dallas suburb (Farmers Branch). We never opened it because it has a wrapper from a package of snack cheese crackers in it. That bottle is from Rome, GA.

/ Safe FEL use or not? #25  
Bird
45?

I remember as a boy 60 years ago taking two 'pop' bottles from home, walking about a mile to the corner grocery store, and for the two bottles, sitting on the curb drinking one if I left the bottle there. I thought 45 yrs ago the price for a bottle was up to 10 cents, but my memory when I worked in the filling station ('57) and drank pepsi may be failing (too much pepsi and still drinking too much of it-probably). /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I also remember the pop-top caps and the vending machines that you had to slide the bottle around to the corner that would let it come out (if you paid). Guys (don't remember ever doing it) would pop the tops and drink the pop from a straw without paying. Guess that is why they made vertical racks in the vending machines /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Safe FEL use or not? #26  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I also remember the pop-top caps and the vending machines that you had to slide the bottle around to the corner that would let it come out (if you paid). Guys (don't remember ever doing it) would pop the tops and drink the pop from a straw without paying. Guess that is why they made vertical racks in the vending machines )</font>

When my Dad bought a Texaco service station in Oklahoma in June, 1956, we had the former type of vending machine (it also had a little water fountain on one end). Then in November, 1956, he bought a Mobil service station in Texas and it had two of the latter type of vending machines. All those machines, at that time, took a nickel. I don't remember exactly when it was, but sometime in 1957, retail prices went up to 6 cents and they changed all the mechanism in the machines so they took a nickel and a penny. And that didn't last hardly any time at all (I think in the same year, but if not, early 1958) before prices went up to 10 cents and all the vending machines were changed again to take a dime. And lots of people were outraged that the price of sodas doubled in less than a year.

/ Safe FEL use or not? #27  
Bird, I do believe you are older than I by a bit. But I can remember one room shool houses with a pot bellied stove and outside toilets, etc. Also had to walk 3 miles and it was uphill bothways /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Well the one room schoolhouse is the truth anyway /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ever plow with a mule ? I have and I like tractors much better.

/ Safe FEL use or not? #28  
I'm too young to have gone to a one room school. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif My first school had all 12 grades in one little building, but with a separate classroom for each grade.

And I've never plowed with a mule, but I do remember watching Dad plow with a team of two mules, and I've driven a single mule pulling a wagon hauling corn shocks to the barn.

And I've lived where we drew water from the well with a bucket, rope, and pulley, took baths in a round galvanized tub in the kitchen, and had about 50 yards to the outhouse. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Safe FEL use or not? #29  
Bird i remember those days also getting up in the morning building a fire in the stove and breaking up the ice in the water bucket, those were the good ole days

charlie

/ Safe FEL use or not? #30  
Last winter we used my neighbors Fermec TLB as a platform - seemed like a good idea and it worked well. I wanted to shae my experience with a busted hydraulic hose - I burst the main hose feeding my BH several months back - no sudden drop in my case, just a lot of exasperation! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif