Check the receiver pin

/ Check the receiver pin
It's funny you mention that because I originally had one of those stainless deadbolt type pins with the integral lock. It froze up on me and would not open with the key. I ended up cutting it off with a hacksaw. It's not really hard steel so it is doable but not a fun job.

/ Check the receiver pin #12  
Junkman,
A politician must have banged his/her shins on one. If it effects them the politicians take action.

/ Check the receiver pin #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( It's funny you mention that because I originally had one of those stainless deadbolt type pins with the integral lock. It froze up on me and would not open with the key. I ended up cutting it off with a hacksaw. It's not really hard steel so it is doable but not a fun job.
)</font>

i dont understand why everyone is always under the impression that stainless steel is so much harder to cut, or drill or whatever, just like regular steel there are many grades of stainless steel, 303 stainless machines and cuts just as easy as mild steel, sometimes even easier, then there are tougher alloys like 304 that are extremely gummy and work harden very easily. the advantage is that 304 can bend and bend and not break usualy, i have used it for pins on backhoe buckets that had worn quick couplers, a normal pin would flex and break but 304 rarely would. those are just two examples or stainless i work with often, there are many more types some hard some soft so just remember that stainless steel is not all tough, its just like regular steel in that it has different grades

/ Check the receiver pin #14  
In Canada those hitches don't get stolen easily after their first winter. They rust solid in place.

A neighbour was going to loan his out but even after dragging his Dodge 1/2 ton around the yard in park with his tractor the hitch still wouldn't come out!

/ Check the receiver pin #15  
Does anyone have a good solution to remove the hitch when they get rusted in? My yard truck came with the hitch in the receiver 25 years ago and I have never been able to remove it.

/ Check the receiver pin #16  
I wonder if the heat and candle wax trick someone posted in the Muffler Wrap thread would work here?

/ Check the receiver pin #17  
I think a torch is the only way...

/ Check the receiver pin #18  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I think a torch is the only way... )</font>

As in heating it or cutting it off????? /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Check the receiver pin #19  
<font color="blue"> I find it inane that it would be illegal to leave a hitch bar installed when not in use...seems </font>

I find it insane too...but I will tell you I WISH a friend at work had had his talegate down the day I walked behind his truck and caught the tow hitch bar with my shin...I still think I have a dent there...brings a tear to my eye just remembering... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Check the receiver pin #20  
Me too Henro.......I rarely leave the receiver in. But on the odd occasion I DO leave it in, rest assured, my shin will remind me real quick that I did.