Poison Information

/ Poison Information #1  

KiotiJohn

There have recently been a lot of posts about insect bites. One of the best resources when these things occur are the poison information centers around the country.
All one has to do is to call the number 1-800-222-1222 anywhere in the US, and you will be connected to the nearest Poison Information Center nearest you.
The information you give them is private, not shared or sold to any outside source. They are the premier purveyors of information on poisonings, snake bites and many other poison/chemical burns etc. information in the USA.
If you have a serious problem that requires you go to an emergency room, the centers will call the hospital and often help you get into the ER and be seen much more quickly than otherwise would be the case. For snakebites, they are usually much more knowledgeable than many doctors that may not have treated snakebites previously.
From the smallest little concern to the most severe overdosing, the Poison Information Centers are an extremely valuable resource that is often overlooked. However, this is rapidly changing as most medications / chemicals / etc. now carry the universal 800 number on their labels. John

/ Poison Information #2  
The Human Poison Control Center will not give out any information for animals. There is also an animal poison control center run by the ASPCA that has a toll free number. ........(888) 426-4435.........I had to call a couple of years ago when my Weimeraner was a puppy. She ate some plant fertilizer. They were immediately able to identify the contents of the product by the name of the product and the UPC code. Luckily, there were no harmful products in the fertilizer. There is a $50 fee for the entire case, no matter how many times you have to call back or your veterinarian calls for information.

/ Poison Information
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The Human Poison Control Center will not give out any information for animals. There is also an animal poison control center run by the ASPCA that has a toll free number. ........(888) 426-4435.........I had to call a couple of years ago when my Weimeraner was a puppy. )</font>
We answered questions regarding pets all the time at the PIC at which I worked, however, may not be the case for all of them. There is no charge associated with the Human PIC.
John