Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Wear Hearing Protection !!!! #1  

GoodGuy

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 4210 E-Hydro
Guys & Gals......
I write this post as an effort to express to you how important it is to wear hearing protection when working with/on or around your tractor. I've had the "I'm Invincible" attitude for too many years & now I'm paying the price !! After years of neglect (as well as racing cars) I decided I had a problem & in 1993, went to an audiologist who told me that I had permanent loss (about 15% left & 20% right) & that I should consider an aid but most importantly, WEAR HEARING PROTECTION. Bluntly put, I have not & now my hearing has declined more. The audiologist said that if the noise around you is at a level where someone has to really raise their voice or shout, you need to be wearing some sort of protection. He also said that even the little roll up foam ear protectors work good, so there's no excuse not to be wearing protection. I'm at the point now where I "must" have an aid, not that I "should" have one, so my point to this post as stated earlier is "please" be aware that you need to be wearing hearing protection when you're around your pride & joy & of course when operating any attachments. I'm going to post under related topics, my hearing test & be asking for suggestions from any member who currently is using an aid, for anyone who would find that information interesting. Have a Good Day !!
What, say again ???
Eric

/ Wear Hearing Protection !!!! #2  
It sometimes gets confusing when the same post, or almost the same post, is posted in two different forums and we have responses both places. So . . ., while I certainly agree with this as a safety issue, I'd like to suggest that everyone read it here, but for any responses, go to this thread in the Related Topics forum so all the responses will be together.

Status
Not open for further replies.