Tractor kills man

/ Tractor kills man #2  
Thats terrible, but is good that the writer actually may have saved a life or more by noting why the tractor flipped, but then again look at all the accidents reported due to drunk driving.

/ Tractor kills man #3  
Precinct 3 JP Francis Truchard said that the tractor flipped over backward as a result of how a towing chain was hooked to the smaller tractor.

"It was hooked onto the third arm, which is on the top of the back of the tractor," Truchard explained. "Normally, it would be hooked to the bottom. This caused the tractor to flip over backward."
-----------------------------------------------------------

Another operator error that cost a man his life.

The story is titled "Man dies in tractor accident". It should have been titled "Man is killed because he did not heed the instructions in the Operator's Manual".

Bill Tolle

/ Tractor kills man #4  
<font color="blue">Tractor kills man </font>

Let's outlaw these killer tractors! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Tractor kills man #5  
<font color="green"> Tractor kills man
</font>
<font color="red"> Let's outlaw these killer tractors! </font>

At least have a 7 day cooling off period!

Seriously, this is one issue I am always concerned with when operating an antique machine without seatbelts & ROPS. I have lifted the front ends a couple times high enough to scare the heck out of me. I'm guessing he had an older machine, no ROPS, but it doesn't say.

/ Tractor kills man #6  
<font color="blue"> Let's outlaw these killer tractors! </font>

<font color="black"> </font> The press would say 'assualt tractors'

Seriously though, it is sad. I wonder why he didn't step on the clutch, unless it was HST, even so seems like he could have disengaged. I've had the beginning of a back rollover a few times but a quick clutch release stopped it from going any further than lifting the front wheels. Whatever the reason it happened though, still a tragedy.

/ Tractor kills man #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I wonder why he didn't step on the clutch, unless it was HST, even so seems like he could have disengaged. I've had the beginning of a back rollover a few times but a quick clutch release stopped it from going any further....)</font>

He may have been "jerking" in which case it happened so fast he didn't have time to do anything. If it was a standard trans he may have popped the clutch thinking he could jerk the other tractor loose.

I, too, have had the old 8N rare up on me on occasions and it gets your attention real fast.

Better to pull from the drawbar like you are supposed to than to try to plan on how to stop the roll after it starts!

While your method (a quick clutch) has worked a few times it only has to fail once and we will be reading about you in the paper.

Bill Tolle

/ Tractor kills man #8  
We need to continuosly watch our tractors to make sure they are not causing any harm.

This fellow has a way of making sure his gun is being watched 24/7/365.

/ Tractor kills man #9  
<font color="blue"> This fellow has a way of making sure his gun is being watched 24/7/365. </font>

It's not really a webcam -- it's just an animated .GIF.

/ Tractor kills man #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="blue">Tractor kills man </font>

Let's outlaw these killer tractors! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif )</font>

Maybe the killer tractors have teamed up with SUV's that are always killing people.