Cowboy After OSHA

/ Cowboy After OSHA #1  

JoshJ

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford 5610
I dont know if anyone has seen this already, but i did a quick search and came up with nothing, so i hope i covered my bases here. I saw this in on of our Engineering Labs here at school, and got a kick out of it.

My favorite is the "Omission Control" /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Attachments

• 569204-cowboy.gif
    569204-cowboy.gif
    52.2 KB · Views: 1,734
   / Cowboy After OSHA #2  
Good one Josh. None of us want to slight safety, but too much is too much from some of the govt. agencies.
Not too many years back, they were requireing Diapers on horses when logging in the Northwest on some National Forests (watershed protection). Always wondered how they caught the deer, elk and bear so they could be diapered. What a joke.
penokee /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Cowboy After OSHA #3  
Yep, that was floating around in the 70's (hardcopy version, of course) but I'm sure glad it's still making it's rounds !!!

I have no prob slighting safety, as we know it today ... it's a sad day when a $50 ladder is $150, as it is today, just because of the sad sack that can't figure out that it ain't the height that'll kill ya, it's the abrupt stop.

Cheers!

/ Cowboy After OSHA #4  
It isn't OSHA that caused the ladder costs to escalate, but the insurance carriers that did it. I was shopping for insurance for a business last spring and the first question was ...... "are you going to sell bicycles?".... I replied, I wasn't sure. The next comment was, that they wouldn't write the insurance if the store was going to sell bicycles. Too high of a insurance risk. Guess that is why Walmart sells more than 80% of the bicycles in the USA. They are self insured.

/ Cowboy After OSHA #5  
I once saw a picture of a osha approved chain saw,it had a guard all the way around the chain /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Cowboy After OSHA #6  
What's really frustrating is sifting through the volumes of safety pages in any instruction manual before getting to the actual 'instructions'. Mostly there to cover the legal aspects of disclosure anticipating a lawsuit. Add that to everything being printed in several languages, and it becomes a real chore to find even simple things, like basic adjustements or settings in most manuals.

I remember seeing that picture many years ago, but somehow it seems more 'possible' and less shocking these days. I guess its not so far fetched in todays ultra safe, CYA, world of politically correct, protect evrybody from everything mentality. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif