My neighbor crushed by his tractor:(

/ My neighbor crushed by his tractor:( #11  
Wow, makes you realize how dangerous a tractor can be, I can’t even count the times I’ve gotten off a tractor, got behind it took behind it to hook up an implement or something and not set the brake.

Then as was reading the article Kennebec (link to it ) Journal I realized I’ve got the book he co wrote sitting right on my desk. Makes it seems like it hit a little closure to home. Small world hu.

/ My neighbor crushed by his tractor:(
Hi All...

First...I'll past on, all your kind words to the wife.

Second...thanks for the kind words about my wife and I...I bet any of you would do the same.

Third..Sadler above got the correct article. But, I got more info from the guy who found my neighbor. The tractor was an ancient Allis-Chambers 2-wheel drive, pulling a bush hog. It was on the slighest of forward grades. We went down to the accident site-hard to believe the tractor could roll down the grade-soooo slight. The ignition was OFF, the tractor in NEUTRAL. My friend was found on his stomach, one rear wheel pinning his shoulder to the ground. His Leatherman was on the tractor seat. there is a question about time of death however...I brought over some pig feed to him about 11:30 am. We unloaded it together, I went home and got one more load as well. Together, again, we unloaded the slop....could have been around 11:45.

Anyway..

God Bless Him.

And all of you for your kind thoughts and prayers.

Ride safe.

See you in happier tractorbynet forums.

Smelt

/ My neighbor crushed by his tractor:( #13  
Sorry to hear of your neighbors tragedy. My very good friend also suffered somewhat of a similar loss this past week. His father, who I had turned on to TBN and he had been checking it out for the past few months, was crushed under a car that slipped off the jack this past monday. He was a true artist when it came to restoring vintage cars, and had several in movies, and national hot rod magazines. His latest creation, was a re creation of a 1954 Waldorf Nomad concept car that had brought him some national attention.

Article on his cars.

He was doing what he loved when he was killed. And with all his experience, and knowledge, it is hard to believe he had put himself in a situation that turned out to be so devastating. PLEASE EVERYONE, ALWAYS take the extra few minutes to be safe, and SURE! It is not worth losing your life, or the devastating loss to your family.