My neighbor crushed by his tractor:(

/ My neighbor crushed by his tractor:( #1  

Smelt

Geez Um,

How sad. My heart sank at the news. Last night, around 8 pm he was doing something and was killed. I don't know all the particulars other than he was crushed. I went to see his wife to offer my condolences and help, obviously, she was a wreck...I'll be feeding his animals and my wife and I will be taking care of their little girl after school.

He was a real good guy. He would do anything for you, kind and smart as a whip. Not to speak ill of the dead or lay any blame, but he had too many irons in the fire, he was always doing 35 projects at once-never finishing anything. Running around like a cat shot in the a**. I guess last November should have been a wake up call. He got his arm broken by a "loose PTO". He needed pins, etc-then because he was too impatient to let it mend, he cut off the cast with wire cutters, " 'cause it was OK". I've never gotten that kind of behavior...

40 years old, prime of life, left a wife and 5 yo daughter

It happens in a wink of an eye right in your own backyard. I know I'll be a heck of a lot more safety minded with my actions around tractors and the farm.

RIP AW 4.19.05

/ My neighbor crushed by his tractor:( #2  
I am very sorry to read about your neighbor's death...please extend our sympathies to his wife and daughter. I am sure all TBNer's would like you to do this...

What kind of tractor was he operating? Did t have a ROPS or seat belt?

/ My neighbor crushed by his tractor:( #3  
You and your wife are good people. The kind we all wish we had living around us. I guess the man upstairs had better things for this man to do then be with us.

When his daughter is older you can always share the positives with her whenever you can.

/ My neighbor crushed by his tractor:( #4  
That's terrible.

Good of you to help out. We are thinking about the family.

I'm starting to get worried about my neighbor. He's an elderly gentleman.. a few health problems too.

I found him nearly passe dout in his yard one day while he was trying to put some fence rails back up. I was woried.. he was white .. I told him to go fid a nice chair to set in for a while. I threw up the other couple of rails. He has a tractor, and I just hope he never lets it get the better of him...

makes ya think.

Soundguy

/ My neighbor crushed by his tractor:( #5  
I too am very sorry to hear about your neighbor. My sympathies to their family and friends.

We are suffering from a similar loss as one of my neighbors got killed in a car wreck this past weekend. She was 34 years old and mother of 6 children.

/ My neighbor crushed by his tractor:( #6  
Welcome to the forum wish it was under better circumstances. Sucks arse but stuff does happen.
I have only had two casts from surgury and those have accidently feel off before I got a chance to get back to the doctor. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif There like stiches, when they gotta go they gotta go. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ My neighbor crushed by his tractor:( #7  
Its even worse when the lost leaves a family behind. Best of wishes to them in this situation. Thumbs up to you and your wife for helping out with the little ones.

/ My neighbor crushed by his tractor:( #8  
Smelt,

Wow, that is horrible. What a sad, sad deal. There couldn't be a worse outcome.

Definite thumbs up for helping the family left behind. You're a champ.

Please update this post with details of what happened.

/ My neighbor crushed by his tractor:( #9  
Smelt,

I saw something about it on the news. Did not catch where it was. Sorry to hear, he was so young and left a 5 year old, so sad. He was lucky to have you as a friend. Never sure what to say at times like this, but please pass on my best wishes to the family.

Gary

/ My neighbor crushed by his tractor:( #10  
So so sad.

"...climb-ed onto his tractor about 8 a.m. that morning, intending to clear brush from land near his home in rural..

But within hours, it seems, ... fell from the tractor and became trapped under one of the its large, rear wheels.

Dressed in a wool workcoat, ... wasn't discovered until his wife returned home from work and, with a neighbor, worriedly searched the farm's fields.

Maine State Police and the ...Fire Department arrived at the scene at a little before 9 p.m. They determined that ....was likely trapped under the vehicle for much of the day."

Doesn't sound like a roll over, but rather he fell off or the tractor started with him standing next to it."

The article goes on to list many many of his accomplishments. He sounds like he was a wonderful person with great friends and had a great family. Life is fragile and short. Tractors are so much more dangerous than most of us realize.