/ Man Crushed to death in tractor accident #1  

GAFAQ_33

Tractor
New Holland TC33D
Tractor accident kills Louisville police officer
By Jessie Halladay
jhalladay@courier-journal.com
The Courier-Journal
An off-duty Louisville Metro Police officer died yesterday when a tractor ran over him while he was helping a friend cut grass.
Kelly Hammond, 39, died at the friend's farm in the 17000 block of Taylorsville Road, said Alicia Smiley, a police spokeswoman.
Hammond was a member of the canine unit and a 12-year veteran of the department.
He was standing between the front and rear wheels of the tractor, giving instructions on how to use it to a juvenile who was in the driver's seat, when the tractor lurched forward and rolled over Hammond, said Lt. Steve Green, who heads the homicide and robbery units.
All of Hammond's fellow canine officers responded to the scene, Green said. News of Hammond's death was broadcast over police radios early in the afternoon.
Hammond is survived by his wife, Anita, and two sons.
Funeral arrangements are pending.
He will receive a military-style burial, including taps, a 21-gun salute, a single bagpiper and a flag ceremony.
Hammond's dog, Barry, likely will be reassigned, Smiley said

Another stupid mistake and an unnecessary death.

/ Man Crushed to death in tractor accident #2  
I had heard this a couple of days ago. I didn't know him but he worked here in DC with us at one point. A guy here at work that stayed in touch with him told us.

The way we heard it the juvenile was his son. He was teaching him how to drive the tractor. Very sad, I wish the best for his family.

Rodger

/ Man Crushed to death in tractor accident #3  
RodgerF,

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The way we heard it the juvenile was his son. )</font>

OUCH! That is the first thing I thought of and surely was hoping was not the case. That is aweful. I hope the kid does not blame himself. It was not his fault.

Later,
Dan

/ Man Crushed to death in tractor accident
Word here locally is that it was not his Son but just a teenage boy that he was showing how to operate the tractor.