I rolled my tractor

/ I rolled my tractor #1  

davidseaquist

Silver Member
Tractor
2005 Ingersoll Rand Bl370b
I was not injured. The private easment road in front of my home is very steep. I started my bx22 in my driveway and started to back up . I forgot to put the tractor in low it was in nuteral.I started to go faster and faster backwards down the asphalt easment road. I stomped on the breaks the tractor did not slow down. I rolled back about 30 feet and hit a rock it raised up the drivers side of the tractor and the tractor rolled on its side. I was lucky I had on my seat belt and the roll bar was not folded. It could have been a lot worse I could have rolled a lot further before crashed into a block wall or the side of a hill. David

/ I rolled my tractor #2  
Had my Kioti CK30HST kick out of gear on a steep hill---know what u mean, went rolling backwards while my mind was figuring what the heck!... Gald all is well!!

/ I rolled my tractor #3  
We're glad you aren't hurt!

Now that we've gotten that out of the way - any pictures? Have you righted the tractor yet? Damage? Have you started her yet?

It always amazes me how quickly a situation can go bad. Even with something that moves as slow as a tractor (as opposed to a car on the interstate), when things start to go wrong they seem to go wrong at warp speed.

/ I rolled my tractor #4  
Glad that you're OK and as you said, you were fortunate that the ROPS was not folded.

/ I rolled my tractor #5  
Glad you are OK David. The exact same reason caused my Grandpa to roll my tractor two weeks ago. On occasion, I too have forgotten I was in neutral, but have always been able to catch myself in time and stop with the brakes or bucket. As I mentioned in my story, perhaps there should be a park position, as well as a freewheel neutral position that is a bit harder to get into.

/ I rolled my tractor #6  
Glad to hear you're alright. I'm trying to develop the habit of making sure the parking brake is on and I have my foot on the brake when I start the tractor. Then, only after I've shifted into gear and tested a touch forward and reverse, releasing the brake(s). I've made the same mistake, starting and releasing the brake before I was sure I was in gear. On any incline it does get ah, interesting /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif very fast if not fully in gear.

/ I rolled my tractor
No pictures were taken. I have a 2nd small tractor and I was ablle to get under the roll bar and push the tractor up on its wheels. It lost a fiew quarts of fluid. The tractor is still under warantee and a bought the three year insurance policy from kubota when I financed. I will call my dealer today and see if he can come and pick up the tractor and go over it. When the tractor fell over on its side it started leaking fluid from the front. I looked at it a quick visual and all I saw was a fiew scratches. I guess the loader the rollover bar and the backhoe protected the sheet metal . David.

/ I rolled my tractor #8  
You were lucky!!!!! It's amazing how fast these things happen, isn't it. I've almost rolled the MF275 at the farm a couple of times over the last 20 years and it scares the everloving beejeezus out of you. That's one of the reasons I hate that tractor. I'm glad you were OK and the tractor sounds as if it got off lightly too. Be careful out there.

/ I rolled my tractor #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Glad to hear you're alright. I'm trying to develop the habit of making sure the parking brake is on and I have my foot on the brake when I start the tractor. Then, only after I've shifted into gear and tested a touch forward and reverse, releasing the brake(s). I've made the same mistake, starting and releasing the brake before I was sure I was in gear. On any incline it does get ah, interesting /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif very fast if not fully in gear. )</font>

I practice this method and when I forget something it is releasing the parking brake. It won't allow me to start in a forward gear, but backwards it'll move out pretty good. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ I rolled my tractor #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I started to go faster and faster backwards down the asphalt easment road. I stomped on the breaks the tractor did not slow down. )</font>

Glad to hear that you are allright Dave. But what bothers me is that "YOUR BRAKES" don't work in reverse. There could have been a child behind you or a helper.