Does your tractor have a kill switch under seat?

/ Does your tractor have a kill switch under seat? #1  

JohnBoy45

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L2800DT
Hi, I had my tractor in gear one day and I had to stand up to push a tree branch out of my way and this killed the tractor's engine. My tractor is a 2005 Kubota L2800DT.

Does your tractor have a kill switch under the seat?

Terry

/ Does your tractor have a kill switch under seat? #2  
My Deere 790 does...as most (if not all) of the Deere's do. Since the intent is to have the operator seatbelted in, the kill switch under the seat makes sense.

/ Does your tractor have a kill switch under seat? #3  
Yeah, what Roy said (since we have the same tractor /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif ). On ours anyway, there is an override that will allow you to run the PTO without someone on the seat. Presumably for something like a PTO generator or chipper where the whole unit is stationary. I have never used this feature but it could help to know about it for troubleshooting /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Does your tractor have a kill switch under seat? #4  
My JD 4100 has the switch under the seat. And as mentioned if you're using equipment that requires you to be out of the seat, just flip the seat forward and pull up on the switch.

If you raise off the seat with the PTO engaged, or the unit in gear, the engine dies.

/ Does your tractor have a kill switch under seat? #5  
My Kubota L3830 has the switch under the seat. It will kill the engine if you get up while it is in gear, or if the PTO is engaged. If the tractor is in neutral and you get up, the engine will not die.

Lawrence

/ Does your tractor have a kill switch under seat? #6  
My New Holland has the kill switch under the seat. If you want to get off, you have to have the shuttle shift in neutral and the parking brake on. The same applies if you have the PTO engaged.

/ Does your tractor have a kill switch under seat? #7  
My Kioti CK30 has no such safety device. However, if I fall off the tractor then my foot comes off of the HST pedal and the tractor stops moving. The brushhog blades will still spin though. This is why I pretty much always wear a seatbelt, especailly while mowing.

/ Does your tractor have a kill switch under seat? #8  
My Kubota B2400 does not have a seat kill switch.

/ Does your tractor have a kill switch under seat? #9  
My Power-Trac 1430 does not have one. I believe the Power-Trac Slope Mowers have them though.

/ Does your tractor have a kill switch under seat? #10  
2001 Kubota B2910............no seat kill switch.