Tractor vs. Train

/ Tractor vs. Train #1  

Maka

Veteran Member
Tractor
None at the moment
Well, this one happened last year. I believe the man is now recovered but had fractures and other trauma. My store is down the road and we remember when this happened. Very lucky he was not killed instantly.

Be Careful,
Maka

Tractor vs. Train

/ Tractor vs. Train #2  
"Failed To Yield To A Train" could have easily been the last mistake he ever made. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Tractor vs. Train #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( "Failed To Yield To A Train" could have easily been the last mistake he ever made.)</font>

So true...
My son did exactly that about 10 years ago except he was driving a Ford Ranger pick up. Broke nearly every bone in his body but lived and is, incredibly, doing fine now.(was 19 then)
He tried to beat the "slow" train and it cut the front end off the truck, leaving him in the cab. The front end and motor were about 500 feet down the tracks....and the train was not going fast, but he was.
I will never forget that phone call telling me my son was involved in a "train" accident. Can't begin to tell you what I was thinking and feeling...

/ Tractor vs. Train #4  
A friend of mines daughter was riding in the middle of the front seat of a car with her boyfriend and his cousin. They were hit by a train and it killed both boys. She was very lucky to have lived. She was conscious when the first people arrived. It took alot of therapy, but she is ok today.

/ Tractor vs. Train #5  
here in Stevenson to many people have been killed by car VS train, needless to say sorry but they lost, putting up lights have helped. one time something funny happened, a Huntsville news channel did a story here, when headed back to Huntsville theres a real sharp curve almost 90 degree, than the tracks, they missed the curve ended up on the tracks, while waiting for a tow truck, a long came the train, news van lost that fight too, I think they even caught it on tape, the driver claimed the tire blew is why he didn't make the curve. we laughed for awhile over that one. just thought I would share some good news LOL.. Robert

/ Tractor vs. Train #6  
I had someone from Southern RR talk to me once concerning grade crossing safety. They say that the engine is so large that it gives the appearence of moving slow when the engine is actually moving fast so, people try to cross in front of the train and are hit. Most anything vs a train looses.Don't be in such a hurry to get somewhere that you loose your life & never get there.

/ Tractor vs. Train #7  
I was once told by a railroader that "a train is half as far away as it looks, and it's going four times as fast as it looks".

/ Tractor vs. Train #8  
We refer to it as the " rule of lugnuts." The one with the most wins....

/ Tractor vs. Train #9  
Being a railroad employee for 17 years, I have seen first hand what a train can do to a vehicle and its occupants. I have often wondered why a person cannot take a few minutes out of their day to wait for a train to pass. One going 30 miles an hour that is a mile long only takes a couple of minutes to pass. Remember if it is a tie you lose!

/ Tractor vs. Train #10  
People don't think about train that is a mile long & going 30 mph can't stop. It takes a long time for train 1 mile long @ 30 mph to to get stopped