Colorado Man Killed In Large Wood Chipper

/ Colorado Man Killed In Large Wood Chipper #1  

rich_ncal

Gold Member
Tractor
TS1610
LOVELAND, Colo. -- Authorities in Colorado are investigating the death of a man who was apparently pulled into a large commercial wood chipper while trimming trees.

Attachments

• 798019-Chipper Death.pdf
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,402
   / Colorado Man Killed In Large Wood Chipper #2  
Just ask CT Tree Guy how dangerous they are. Years ago I owned a Mitts & Merrill with a Ford industrial gas engine. She would eat a 10" log no problem. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Colorado Man Killed In Large Wood Chipper #3  
I read this story this morning and the first thing I thought of was CT Tree Guy. I think I've been looking at this forum too much. That's a nasty way to die. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Colorado Man Killed In Large Wood Chipper #4  
Do you suppose he went all the way through? yikes!

/ Colorado Man Killed In Large Wood Chipper #5  
If he did, there would be no "grisly" remains to view. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Colorado Man Killed In Large Wood Chipper #6  
It only takes a second and a little mistake to cost you your life, So much dangerous equipment we work around all the time and tend to get very lax around it all...

/ Colorado Man Killed In Large Wood Chipper #7  
that's a sad thing to hear about. really sad /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Colorado Man Killed In Large Wood Chipper #8  
A twelve year old son of a tree surgeon died here last year from the same accident while working with his father (I believe the father was cited for underage employment), simply awful.... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Colorado Man Killed In Large Wood Chipper #9  
As a physician, I see and have seen many grotesque things. In my practice career, there are still things that make me cringe to think about. This sort of thing is one of them. I also happen to be good friends with a tree surgeon, with whom I played football in high school. He says his major workplace fear is not falling from a tree, being hit by a heavy limb or tree, but THIS. Something for us to think about.

John M

/ Colorado Man Killed In Large Wood Chipper #10  
"He says his major workplace fear is not falling from a tree, being hit by a heavy limb or tree, but THIS. Something for us to think about. "

I don't blame him...

Most accidents leave a body fairly intact. A chipper accident? Well, I read one report (boy was 14 or 15) in which the autopsy results were "Death by Fragmentation".
Think about that statement for a minute...