Parasailing with a Tractor = Stupidity

/ Parasailing with a Tractor = Stupidity #2  
Currently, this incident is leading in the competition for the 2006 Darwin Awards. The gene pool has again been purged. Sheesh! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Parasailing with a Tractor = Stupidity #3  
I was attending a boat show last week and saw a video of a new boat toy.

It was a tube type device, larger than a full size rear tractor tire, that was covered in nylon on the bottom. In the video, you see the tube being pulled by a boat, getting up to speed, with a rider in the tube device.

When the tube gets to maybe 25, the rider braces his feet on the rear side, grabs a rope at the front of the tube, and stands up quickly, pulling back on the front of the tube.

Obviously, the tow rope is attached like you would attach a string to a kite--mid way on the "kite".

At that speed, it is like an airfoil, and the tube/rider take off! He "steered" it by leaning left/right. I don't think he could control the climb or decent, so that would be the realm of the boat driver.

Looked terribly UNSAFE to me.

Ron

/ Parasailing with a Tractor = Stupidity #4  
Wow.. I wonder what kind of 'tractor' was used that was lifted up by the parasail, and the tow rope? Sounds like 'riding lawnmower' to me...

Soundguy

/ Parasailing with a Tractor = Stupidity #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Wow.. I wonder what kind of 'tractor' was used that was lifted up by the parasail, and the tow rope? Sounds like 'riding lawnmower' to me...

Soundguy )</font>

I'm with you, must have been a pretty small tractor /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Parasailing with a Tractor = Stupidity #6  
I'd say "Parasailing = Stupidity" as the tractor had nothing to do with it, IMO. Weak rope, high wind, good parasail, weak minds........

Typical media report of an accident where one really has no idea what really happened (and maybe they don't either but feel compelled to 'try' to explain it).

Lots of things appear 'stupid' just because they are something we wouldn't do. Like rock climbing, or climbing Mt Everest, and speed skiing in the Olympics or even playing professional football. Don't think they can be called stupid. If they can, then we should call ourselves 'stupid' for driving in a car on the highway. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

So the rope broke, and he died. Guess one could say the tractor really didn't have anything to do with it. The rope did. And the fact that the dead soul and the father also had something to contribute to the unfortunate demise. Maybe the wind had something to do with it, and without the wind, a slow tractor would never have even been thought of, without the wind.

Best get a strong rope. I wonder who the father will sue now to collect 'death' money for his son? Hopefully no one should pay him for his 'stupidity', but I wouldn't count on it.

/ Parasailing with a Tractor = Stupidity #7  
I don't think " Parasiling with a Tractor = Stupidity " is a fair equation.
More like " Stupidity = Stupidity ".
The guys could have used ANYTHING that day to get killed....With the wind the way it was, go figure.

/ Parasailing with a Tractor = Stupidity #8  
"Being a safety conscious father, he had his ROPS up and his seatbelt on."

/ Parasailing with a Tractor = Stupidity #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Currently, this incident is leading in the competition for the 2006 Darwin Awards. The gene pool has again been purged. Sheesh! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif )</font>

As we speak, someone is racking their pea-sized brain to find a way to top this episode.

I understand some people are just a bit "slow". But it never ceases to amaze me how some folks TRY (real hard too) to proove they are S.T.U.P.I.D.

If Darwin only knew. . . .

/ Parasailing with a Tractor = Stupidity #10  
I'd say it was just an unfortunate accident. And had nothing to do with the tractor. Since I was not there, the tractor may have been the best vehicle available to pull with.

-Mike Z. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif