Do you have a fire extingusher on your tractor?

/ Do you have a fire extingusher on your tractor? #1  

Jstpssng

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota L3301
Something I've completely overlooked, but it's a good thing to have. If it's within easy reach you have a chance to put out a fire as it's getting started. With all the petroleum fluids, wiring, and plastic on a tractor once they get burning good, it's too late. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Guess I'll pick one up this weekend.

/ Do you have a fire extingusher on your tractor? #2  
I've purchased one, but haven't mounted it on the tractor yet. Planning to secure it to the ROPs using hose clamps.

BR

/ Do you have a fire extingusher on your tractor? #3  
I keep a fire extinguisher on my rops and a first aid kit on the fender. I used a hose clamp to attach the FE bracket to the rops, and then put a couple black bunji's around the FE to keep it firm... I used another couple bunji to hold the FA kit to the fender, courtesy of predrilled holes on the walls of the fenders.

Soundguy

/ Do you have a fire extingusher on your tractor? #4  
I've never had one on any tractor, and fortunately never needed one, but I'd attribute that just to luck. I really think having one on a tractor would be a very good idea.

/ Do you have a fire extingusher on your tractor? #5  
Yeah that IS a good idea. I'll give you another use for one you may not have thought of. I know I hadn't.
Someone I know recently used one to break up two dogs who were fighting. Apparently the cold, the powder, the noise, whatever, separated two dogs who were going at it instantly.
It may not be a bad idea, when you're out with your best buddy and a stray happens by, to have one handy either.

/ Do you have a fire extingusher on your tractor? #6  
Good grief!? Of course!!! And a shovel or McCloud on board and FS approved spark arrestor screen on all exhaust pipes. In the Ca. Div. of Foresty and Fire Protection Wildland Fire area, you are held responsible, ie, [can be] billed, if you start a fire on your property or, do not make reasonable efforts to stop a fire that happens to come onto your property (if it requires firefighters to be called to the scene). I also pay double the "recommended" amount in yearly contribution to the volunteer fire dept. Note: carrying one and knowing how to use one are completely different things too /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Do you have a fire extingusher on your tractor? #7  
Fires are so destructive. I carry a fire extinguisher on all
my toys and equipment, includes tractor, truck, 4-wheeler,
snowmobile,and lawn tractor. Also have them in various locations in my garage and workshop. You never know!!!!
One in my jeep too.

/ Do you have a fire extingusher on your tractor? #8  
My neighbor and I must be the oddballs. We have never had an extinguisher on any of our equipment and have never needed to. It is just one more thing to have banging around, getting dirty and falling off when it gets loose. No thanks, I do have a few in the house and garage. I can see having one if you live in drought stricken areas.

/ Do you have a fire extingusher on your tractor? #9  
I installed one on my L3430 soon after purchase. When I was real young our neighbors combine caught their wheat field on fire and they lost most of the crop.

Photo of mine.

ksmmoto

Attachments

• 826143-KSM Kubota Fire Extinguisher.jpg
    826143-KSM Kubota Fire Extinguisher.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 262
   / Do you have a fire extingusher on your tractor? #10  
I've got two on my tractor. I stared a thread a while ago and posted some pictures. There's one on each side. I've had them on for quite a while now and haven't ripped them off yet.

Attachments

• 826457-Fire Extinguisher Lft Side.JPG
    826457-Fire Extinguisher Lft Side.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 252