How fast can your tractor go the road or street?

/ How fast can your tractor go the road or street? #11  
According to the gear/rpm/speed chart on my fender I top out at 11 mph. Doesn't seem like much but the steering geometry is not set up for speed and it gets a bit squirlley even at that low speed.

My family had an old Wheel Horse lawn tractor when I was young. I'd hook a cart up and head down the street collecting newspapers for scouts. Broke down once and had my mom come and tow me home. She never considered the Wheel Horse wasn't meant for "normal" speeds. All I can remember is that was one interesting ride behind her car /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ How fast can your tractor go the road or street? #12  
According to the gear/rpm/speed chart on my fender I top out at 11 mph. Doesn't seem like much but the steering geometry is not set up for speed and it gets a bit squirlley even at that low speed.

My family had an old Wheel Horse lawn tractor when I was young. I'd hook a cart up and head down the street collecting newspapers for scouts. Broke down once and had my mom come and tow me home. She never considered the Wheel Horse wasn't meant for "normal" speeds. All I can remember is that was one interesting ride behind her car /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ How fast can your tractor go the road or street? #13  
The gear / range chart on my fender of my NH7610s shows up to 24 mph at max rpm, so I guess at pto rpm and 8th gear i can make 20 mph.. though backing down a bit to 18 mph feels alot better on the steering when i road her.

Soundguy

/ How fast can your tractor go the road or street? #14  
The gear / range chart on my fender of my NH7610s shows up to 24 mph at max rpm, so I guess at pto rpm and 8th gear i can make 20 mph.. though backing down a bit to 18 mph feels alot better on the steering when i road her.

Soundguy

/ How fast can your tractor go the road or street? #15  
My FIL has an old A model Avery that he put a 60 HP datsun engine and tranny in. He has 2 trannys 4 speed in one and 4 in the other in series. He can go at least 45 with that little creation /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

My old IH goes about 18 I think maxxed out.

Ben

/ How fast can your tractor go the road or street? #16  
My FIL has an old A model Avery that he put a 60 HP datsun engine and tranny in. He has 2 trannys 4 speed in one and 4 in the other in series. He can go at least 45 with that little creation /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

My old IH goes about 18 I think maxxed out.

Ben

/ How fast can your tractor go the road or street? #17  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have heard about some John Deere tractors going up to 25 mph and is this true?
)</font>

Probably is. I think my B7100 Kubota had a top speed of about 9 mph, my B2710 was 11.9 mph, the old Oliver I used a lot was 18 mph and a neighbor who had 3 Deere tractors said one of them was 22 mph and another was 24 mph. One of his leased hay fields was over 20 miles from his house and he went back and forth on the farm-to-market roads with those tractors.

/ How fast can your tractor go the road or street? #18  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have heard about some John Deere tractors going up to 25 mph and is this true?
)</font>

Probably is. I think my B7100 Kubota had a top speed of about 9 mph, my B2710 was 11.9 mph, the old Oliver I used a lot was 18 mph and a neighbor who had 3 Deere tractors said one of them was 22 mph and another was 24 mph. One of his leased hay fields was over 20 miles from his house and he went back and forth on the farm-to-market roads with those tractors.

/ How fast can your tractor go the road or street? #19  
My Kubota 5030 HSTC in high range, about 2600 RPM maxes out at about 16 MPH. That's plenty when traveling with a round bale in front and one in rear, 1500 lbs each.... makes looking for oncoming and rear traffic a challenge. I don't turn at that speed /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ How fast can your tractor go the road or street? #20  
My Kubota 5030 HSTC in high range, about 2600 RPM maxes out at about 16 MPH. That's plenty when traveling with a round bale in front and one in rear, 1500 lbs each.... makes looking for oncoming and rear traffic a challenge. I don't turn at that speed /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif