How fast can your tractor go the road or street?

/ How fast can your tractor go the road or street? #41  
David, if I remember right, the manuals even for my little Kubotas had the same instructions about locking the brake pedals together in high range. I think most tractors have that locking device.

/ How fast can your tractor go the road or street? #42  
David, if I remember right, the manuals even for my little Kubotas had the same instructions about locking the brake pedals together in high range. I think most tractors have that locking device.

/ How fast can your tractor go the road or street? #43  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Any of you other folks have that feature that locks both brake pedals together on your tractors )</font>

My 75 ford 5000 and 2002 NH 7610s does. My ex-NH 1920 did also

My 8n, NAA and 660 don't lock together but both pedals are side by side, and a stiff piece of radiator hose slid over one pedal, and then over to the second pedal, then secured with a hose clamp locks the pedals together for roading... makes for a good no-slip surface too.. sometimes thos pedals get slipery!

Soundguy

/ How fast can your tractor go the road or street? #44  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Any of you other folks have that feature that locks both brake pedals together on your tractors )</font>

My 75 ford 5000 and 2002 NH 7610s does. My ex-NH 1920 did also

My 8n, NAA and 660 don't lock together but both pedals are side by side, and a stiff piece of radiator hose slid over one pedal, and then over to the second pedal, then secured with a hose clamp locks the pedals together for roading... makes for a good no-slip surface too.. sometimes thos pedals get slipery!

Soundguy

/ How fast can your tractor go the road or street? #45  
I've seen those Molines at tractor shows. One sold at auction a year or two ago for $100,000.

/ How fast can your tractor go the road or street? #46  
I've seen those Molines at tractor shows. One sold at auction a year or two ago for $100,000.

/ How fast can your tractor go the road or street? #47  
I'm not too sure of the year, but there was once a "Co-Op" tractor that had a Chrysler slant 6 for a power plant. They were governed to about 2200 RPM, but everyone that got ahold of them adjusted the governors to MUCH higher rpms. There was an old guy that lived near my parents place that would drive his to the local watering hole on saturday nights. I was driving along at about 30 MPH on our county road one afternoon when he (his name was ELVIS!) came blowing past me....ON A TRACTOR.... He must have been going about 45 or 50. (That's blowing past you when it's an old tractor) It was a tricycle front end. I bet that was a spooky ride. (especially on his way home in a slightly "medicated state")

My Massey Ferguson shows a top speed of 18 point something MPH @ 2150 RPM, and with stock rubber. I've turned up the "fast idle" screw to where it gets to 2400 RPM, and changed to a rear tire that's a tad over 4" taller than the original. She honks on at over 24 MPH now. With rather quick steering, that seems like MACH II.

So, Anyone wanna race?

/ How fast can your tractor go the road or street? #48  
I'm not too sure of the year, but there was once a "Co-Op" tractor that had a Chrysler slant 6 for a power plant. They were governed to about 2200 RPM, but everyone that got ahold of them adjusted the governors to MUCH higher rpms. There was an old guy that lived near my parents place that would drive his to the local watering hole on saturday nights. I was driving along at about 30 MPH on our county road one afternoon when he (his name was ELVIS!) came blowing past me....ON A TRACTOR.... He must have been going about 45 or 50. (That's blowing past you when it's an old tractor) It was a tricycle front end. I bet that was a spooky ride. (especially on his way home in a slightly "medicated state")

My Massey Ferguson shows a top speed of 18 point something MPH @ 2150 RPM, and with stock rubber. I've turned up the "fast idle" screw to where it gets to 2400 RPM, and changed to a rear tire that's a tad over 4" taller than the original. She honks on at over 24 MPH now. With rather quick steering, that seems like MACH II.

So, Anyone wanna race?

/ How fast can your tractor go the road or street? #49  
JerryG
That is a good article on the various considerations when talking speed.
One thing to consider is the fluid in rear tires, that can roll just fine at slow speeds, but can start to 'go over the top' at high speeds. Had that happen once when letting my tractor coast down a long hill. Not sure what speed I was going when the violent tossing began. I applied the brakes and slowed down, but it was a bit hairy for awhile. That was an older gear tractor that would coast easily in neutral.

/ How fast can your tractor go the road or street? #50  
JerryG
That is a good article on the various considerations when talking speed.
One thing to consider is the fluid in rear tires, that can roll just fine at slow speeds, but can start to 'go over the top' at high speeds. Had that happen once when letting my tractor coast down a long hill. Not sure what speed I was going when the violent tossing began. I applied the brakes and slowed down, but it was a bit hairy for awhile. That was an older gear tractor that would coast easily in neutral.