How fast can your tractor go the road or street?

/ How fast can your tractor go the road or street? #81  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Why would you want to go as fast as your tractor can go on a public road )</font>

To get somewhere. As has been posted.. the average farm tractor has a max speed between 10 and 20 mph.. with some units having a road gear getting them higher.

Also.. perhaps a few paramaters need to be specified. My tractor will hit 24 mph.. at 3000 rpm.. 3000 rpm is 'wound out' on my tractor.. I don't ever get up there. I say at or below pto speed, which is 2000 rpm on my tractor. That gets me a brisk 18mph down the raod.. and that's as fast as i want it to be... I sometimes drop to about 16 mph ( guessing ) and around 1700 rpm. or even 1500 rpm if I'm not ina rush to get home /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Soundguy

/ How fast can your tractor go the road or street? #82  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Why would you want to go as fast as your tractor can go on a public road )</font>

To get somewhere. As has been posted.. the average farm tractor has a max speed between 10 and 20 mph.. with some units having a road gear getting them higher.

Also.. perhaps a few paramaters need to be specified. My tractor will hit 24 mph.. at 3000 rpm.. 3000 rpm is 'wound out' on my tractor.. I don't ever get up there. I say at or below pto speed, which is 2000 rpm on my tractor. That gets me a brisk 18mph down the raod.. and that's as fast as i want it to be... I sometimes drop to about 16 mph ( guessing ) and around 1700 rpm. or even 1500 rpm if I'm not ina rush to get home /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Soundguy

/ How fast can your tractor go the road or street? #83  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Why would you want to go as fast as your tractor can go on a public road?

Just because it's capable of it does'nt mean that you have to use it but you can with up to 300 hp,Air disk brakes,Air assisted clutch,ABS,axle and cab suspension, air and hydraulic trailer brakes they are a bit safer than your average tractor (Depending on driver)
These things are built for hauling 10-20 ton loads on 20-30 mile trips and avoiding licensing and testing of a truck.
Yet legally it is still a tractor and will work perfectly well on your 3 pt hitch equipment .
legally i'm not sure what speed they are supposed to be goverened to but my point was that they are tractors and that is what they are capable of. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ How fast can your tractor go the road or street? #84  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Why would you want to go as fast as your tractor can go on a public road?

Just because it's capable of it does'nt mean that you have to use it but you can with up to 300 hp,Air disk brakes,Air assisted clutch,ABS,axle and cab suspension, air and hydraulic trailer brakes they are a bit safer than your average tractor (Depending on driver)
These things are built for hauling 10-20 ton loads on 20-30 mile trips and avoiding licensing and testing of a truck.
Yet legally it is still a tractor and will work perfectly well on your 3 pt hitch equipment .
legally i'm not sure what speed they are supposed to be goverened to but my point was that they are tractors and that is what they are capable of. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ How fast can your tractor go the road or street? #85  
Several of the orchard tractors were geared to go upwards of 55 mph. The idea bein' the first guy to get his fruit to market, got the highest prices. No time to take the boxes off the wagon and load 'em in a truck. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

My Mitsu says 12 kmh which would be about 7.5 mph. I prefer 8 kmh/5mph. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ How fast can your tractor go the road or street? #86  
Several of the orchard tractors were geared to go upwards of 55 mph. The idea bein' the first guy to get his fruit to market, got the highest prices. No time to take the boxes off the wagon and load 'em in a truck. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

My Mitsu says 12 kmh which would be about 7.5 mph. I prefer 8 kmh/5mph. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif