Top 5 Safety Rules

/ Top 5 Safety Rules #11  
Think about what human beings (or animals) could be in the area

/ Top 5 Safety Rules #12  
Think about what human beings (or animals) could be in the area

/ Top 5 Safety Rules #13  
Get control of loose clothing. "Kids" wear lots of ill-fitting jeans, shirts and hats which pose an obvious problem.

/ Top 5 Safety Rules #14  
Get control of loose clothing. "Kids" wear lots of ill-fitting jeans, shirts and hats which pose an obvious problem.

/ Top 5 Safety Rules #15  
My safety score is not so good.

1. Haven't used the seat belt once. Sometime I wonder if it might be better without one. Can jump clear of tractor, if possible, without that belt buckled.

2. I do shut of tractor about 1/2 the time.

3. I do stay away form moving things.

4. I will start machine when standing next to it.

5. I never load my tractor.

/ Top 5 Safety Rules #16  
My safety score is not so good.

1. Haven't used the seat belt once. Sometime I wonder if it might be better without one. Can jump clear of tractor, if possible, without that belt buckled.

2. I do shut of tractor about 1/2 the time.

3. I do stay away form moving things.

4. I will start machine when standing next to it.

5. I never load my tractor.

/ Top 5 Safety Rules #17  
I always wear the seatbelt, a recent article discussed a local that never wore his because he preferred the "jump clear"method, and the loader joystick hung on his belt loop. He was pinned and killed, the tractor only fell on its side the seatbelt would have firmly held him in the cockpit and away from injury /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif.

/ Top 5 Safety Rules #18  
I always wear the seatbelt, a recent article discussed a local that never wore his because he preferred the "jump clear"method, and the loader joystick hung on his belt loop. He was pinned and killed, the tractor only fell on its side the seatbelt would have firmly held him in the cockpit and away from injury /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif.

/ Top 5 Safety Rules #19  
I think that without a seatbelt in a rollover you will just end up jumping under the rear tire.

Check out NIOSH FACE Investigations of Fatal Agricultural Incidents for what NOT to do.

WARNING This link points to fatal accidents so if you are not interested don't click on the link.

After reading some of the investigations i will:
1. Always wear a seatbelt on a ROPS equipped tractor.
2. Never start the tractor while standing beside it.
3 Always drop the implements and set the brakes when dismounting ther tractor
4. .......

/ Top 5 Safety Rules #20  
I think that without a seatbelt in a rollover you will just end up jumping under the rear tire.

Check out NIOSH FACE Investigations of Fatal Agricultural Incidents for what NOT to do.

WARNING This link points to fatal accidents so if you are not interested don't click on the link.

After reading some of the investigations i will:
1. Always wear a seatbelt on a ROPS equipped tractor.
2. Never start the tractor while standing beside it.
3 Always drop the implements and set the brakes when dismounting ther tractor
4. .......