Tractor
    JD 4110

Default A good reason to wear seat belt

I had an interesting experience today.

I was taking a loader full of gravel down a steep hill, not wearing my seatbelt.

Everything was fine until the tractor died! Needless to say I had a few tricky moments trying to decide which levers/pedals/etc. to push/pull first. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Got it stopped, and realized the seat kill switch was the problem.

By going down such a steep hill my 225 lb body was not enough to trigger the switch.

I suppose had I had the belt cinched down I would have had no problem.

Just thought someone might not of thought about this as I had not.

Cheers, Jason [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Tractor
    JD 4110

Default A good reason to wear seat belt

I had an interesting experience today.

I was taking a loader full of gravel down a steep hill, not wearing my seatbelt.

Everything was fine until the tractor died! Needless to say I had a few tricky moments trying to decide which levers/pedals/etc. to push/pull first. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Got it stopped, and realized the seat kill switch was the problem.

By going down such a steep hill my 225 lb body was not enough to trigger the switch.

I suppose had I had the belt cinched down I would have had no problem.

Just thought someone might not of thought about this as I had not.

Cheers, Jason [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Tractor
    Kubota B2910, BX2200, Yardman 20HP pos...

Default Re: A good reason to wear seat belt

I always try to wear my seatbelt and glad you are going to do that too!

My tractors did not come with a seat kill switch (kubota B2910, 3 years old, BX2200 one year newer) and so I could not help but think your post is also a good reason to disable a seat switch if a tractor happens to come with one! I certainly would disable a seat switch if one came on a tractor I bought, just like I once disabled the kill switch on a little garden tractor I had, which killed the engine if I put the tractor in reverse when mowing...major PITA with little benefit to anyone with common sense, in my opinion...and I can't help but think the seat switch is in the same category... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Tractor
    Kubota B2910, BX2200, Yardman 20HP pos...

Default Re: A good reason to wear seat belt

I always try to wear my seatbelt and glad you are going to do that too!

My tractors did not come with a seat kill switch (kubota B2910, 3 years old, BX2200 one year newer) and so I could not help but think your post is also a good reason to disable a seat switch if a tractor happens to come with one! I certainly would disable a seat switch if one came on a tractor I bought, just like I once disabled the kill switch on a little garden tractor I had, which killed the engine if I put the tractor in reverse when mowing...major PITA with little benefit to anyone with common sense, in my opinion...and I can't help but think the seat switch is in the same category... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]