Newby for board and Shibaura tractor

/ Newby for board and Shibaura tractor #1  

alaskatomd

Hello all, i'm a newby to this board and the world of tractors. I value the importance of input from expereinced tractors owners unlike myself and therefore value boards like this.

I just recently bought a grey market Shibaura tractor south of Anchorage Alaska and shipped it to Fairbanks, AK. One of my concerns is i cannot find any matches on the net with my tractor's model number. It is a P17D. So my concern is when i start to replace parts when things go wrong how am i going to be able to reference in order to get the parts if i can't even find the model number on the net that matches mine.

Can anyone give me a jumpstart and provide some knowledge of this model, i.e. history of model number changes for this tractor type and size, the approximate manf year, the next most closely related tractor of a common Shibaura model number, etc.

Info about the tractor:
- 4x4
- According to seller it is a 21hp
- Stack termination is down low and not up high which according to one local expert is an indication it is a later model.

I attached a Pic

thanks,
Alaskatomd

Attachments

• shibaura.jpg
    shibaura.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 1,751
   / Newby for board and Shibaura tractor
EFC, that is not what it says on the side of the tractor. The decal is P17D. That is why it has been so difficult for me to find any info on it.

And isn't P17F a Yanmar number?

alaskatomd

/ Newby for board and Shibaura tractor #5  
alaskatomd said:
EFC, that is not what it says on the side of the tractor. The decal is P17D. That is why it has been so difficult for me to find any info on it.

And isn't P17F a Yanmar number?

alaskatomd

I will say again, regardless of what they put on the tractor when it was repainted in Vietnam, it is a P17F. Trust me.

Buck

AH, the japanese to vietnamese translation must not be very well. From what i have heard i was hoping i was not getting a vietnamese re-cond, i still have my hopes.

alaskatomd

EFC said:
I will say again, regardless of what they put on the tractor when it was repainted in Vietnam, it is a P17F. Trust me.

Buck

So what is the difference between P17 and P17F

thanks again,
Tom

so appearantly i have P17F and not a P17, yet the only manual i can find is for a P17.

Does anyone know the difference between these two models other than the letter "F"?

Buck, you sell these tractors right? What's the diff?

Tom

/ Newby for board and Shibaura tractor #9  
so appearantly i have P17F and not a P17, yet the only manual i can find is for a P17.

Does anyone know the difference between these two models other than the letter "F"?

Buck, you sell these tractors right? What's the diff?

Tom

P17F 4x4
P17 2wd

manuals cover both.

/ Newby for board and Shibaura tractor #10  
I recentlly purchased a Shibaura tractor, model D34F, 4X4, it is a 4 cyclinder turbo diesel, I think it is rated at 3
8 HP. My questions are: Does anyone know where I can get a owner or service manual for it? Does anone know what type of oil I should be using in the transmission, Diff's, steering and hydraulic system? and Last, where do I get parts? Thanks in advance for any information.

Last edited: