Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Mitsubishi MTE2000D, Dig It 258 Backhoe

Default Re: Tippy Shibaura

Quote Originally Posted by chillmiller View Post
    soo sorry new around this fourm and well sorry but im a 3rd gen farm boy and redneck

i know what ROPS is (roll over protection system"

but you lot on here seem to stress safety alot on here
    i almost feel like im back in the ffa "ROPS SEATBELTS "dont grab that barb wire with your bare hands" take off all your jewelry" "wear steel caped boots, but not around horses as it will cut your toes off" < that last one is BS anywho i had a 92 f-350 dually flat bed roll over my foot in my steel capped boots and nothing happened

ya im full off scars had a grander **** neere take off my finger 2 times been stabed scratched burned shocked cut and bruised by the life i live but im still here

i have had tractors flip on me but it was never so fast that i couldnt hop out of the thing

by the way i own 2 tractors 3 bob cats 2 bucket trucks a tree spade truck and a john deere 310d and a bunch of other smaller equipment , im not some one tractor wounder
    I've just got one question. Do your parents know your playing on the computer?
    Darryl

Tractor
    a few

parents?what are you trying to get at?

im 12? what does your comment have to do with what i stated? i dont have rops so im a child?

go put your helmet and knee pads on to pick weeds god forbid ya kneel down on a sandspur

Tractor

I think it's obvious by your comments that you think advice concerning ROPS, seat belts or any safety issue is wasted breathe at best. In fact you imply support of this by saying "i have had tractors flip on me but it was never so fast that i couldn't hop out of the thing"....I'm sincerely glad you haven't been injured by this but about 250 people a year are killed by tractor rollovers. About 2000 ROPS equipped tractors are turned over a year and according to the National Ag Safety Database "There is no data at the national, state, or local level to suggest these (2000) ROPS equipped tractor overturns are fatal to the tractor operators".

This sure sounds like wearing a seat belt and a ROPS equipped tractor trumps hoping you can jump off. I'm also not sure what the purpose of reciting the scars/injuries you've sustained in life is but I hate to tell you that who hasn't and a lot worse? I'd also suggest use of spell check and punctuation if you want to be taken more seriously. The whole context of the post read like a bad joke. I'll help anyone figure out their tractor woes if I can and that includes you. I apologize if I offended you but I disagree with your opinion on safety issues. I'll admit I do a lot of things I shouldn't but I'm not going to get on here and advocate that others do them or knock anyone that advises responsible behavior.

I see you are having issues with the the charging system and wiring on your SD2200. Can you give more details concerning them?
    Darryl

Veteran Member tungularafishcamp's Avatar
    Tractor
    kubota L2800, 1/2 of a L48

I put duals front and rear on my little kubota and besides floating it on the sand which is why I did it, it is incredibly stable. Am working sidehill all of the time and hardly ever have to puckerl

Tractor
    a few

your telling a guy whom ( no me the OP ) said his tractor is top heavy to put more weight up high, think about that....

and 2 the OP i have no problems with him but he bought a gray market shibaura, i mean a normal shibby is hard enough to find any parts for,let alone aftermarket parts like ROPS and with ROPS you need to ether make one your self ( know how to weld and gusset and brace it properly) and MOUNT it properly or buy one made for your tractor witch lets face it all of us shibby owners know thats almost imposable for the older shibbys

if he can find/make/have someone make a ROP for his tractor and he is ok spending money to basically make his tractor more tippy then he should but! your telling him " GET ROPS AND A SEATBELT ASAP"

not much to say about my wireing problems if i leave my batt hooked up for to long my alt starts smokeing theres a short somewhere and my alts had it im gonna re wire this tractor some day but it starts it runs pto works tires hold air and as of today she has 13 hours on her

Tractor

""if he can find/make/have someone make a ROP for his tractor and he is ok spending money to basically make his tractor more tippy then he should".......Then what's the problem? I told the op to buy ROPS/seat belt AND to offset his rims to get a wider stance and make the tractor more stable. First. You are not going to convince me that the relatively light weight of a ROPS in proportion to the tractor is going to make a significant difference in stability.In addition, I would suspect a significant portion (1/3?) of its weight is often mounted below the tractors center of gravity. Second. The entire point of the ROPS is to protect the operator and to a lesser extent the tractor in a rollover, I have never heard or read anything indicating a ROPS is prone to cause rollovers and I venture to say I have read nearly every published study on the net. Believe me, this subject has been hashed out here on TBN over and over....many of us have done a lot of reading about this issue.

Best Used Tractors sells ROPS for 25 Shibaura models, including yours.

Can we agree to disagree on this subject? You can have the last word, I'm done.

A smoking alternator could be something shorted out internally,fried windings or diodes, etc. As you obviously know, it isn't good. New ones run about $150 on Ebay. You may get lucky and see if a local starter/alternator shop could rebuild it for you. As far as the horn, lights, etc not working, have you checked the fuses? I would also check the grounds for a good connection. Chances are it is actually something simple, it is just a matter of tracing the wires and finding your problem. Since nothing elecrical works, it may be a common problem like a main ground. A cheap 12V test light will go a long way to help chasing the problem.
    Darryl

Tractor
    Fordson Major Diesel, McCormick Deering W4, Ford 1510, John Deere L111

Try these guys: JUST TRACTOR PARTS I don't see a model specific to your tractor, but they do have a couple of "universal" mounts. Give them a call.

Joe
    Fordson Major Diesel: Case 3-bottom Trip Plow, Case 12' Trip Field Cultivator, Kewanee 130 Disc, John Deere 1209 Mower Conditioner, John Deere 594LW Side Delivery Rake, New Holland Hayliner 273 Baler, 18' Spike-Tooth Harrow
    Ford 1510: Du-Al 105 Loader, "The Thumb" Grapple, Bush Hog RBC60 Rear Blade, Woods HC54 Rotary Cutter, Tarter 5' Heavy-Duty Hinge Back Box Blade, Buhler Farm King Y600 Snowblower

Tractor
    Shibaura D23F

Filling the wheels with a fluid will solve the tippy problem. Water is OK, mix with anti-freeze if you live in a cold place.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    NH 3050

If you are worried about rusting out the rims have inner tubes installed and fill them with water. All 6 of my tractors have water filled tubes and I've never had any problems after 50 years...

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Case Farmall IH 60

As for rear ballast I have a very old and very thick walled Brush Hog that I add to the rear when doing dirtwork. Wife prefers adding a bale spear and picking up a round bale to add her ballast. Others have created their own ballasts with quickcrete, steel bars, and wood forms. There are less expensive ways to meet the same requirements. I would NEVER use the FEL without some rear ballast.

Yes, swapping the wheels will add a few inches to the width/track of the unit. This is a very worthwhile venture!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12