Oil & Fuel Oil type & weight for Shibaura

/ Oil type & weight for Shibaura #1  

alaskatomd

I have a 21hp 4x4 shibuara. What oil manufacture, type, and weight would someone recommend? I live in Fairbanks Alaska and the temps that i would be operating the tractor in could be into -20F but not normally. The tractor would be stored in a heated garage though on normal cituations.

The oil i was thinking about is Rotella T 15W-40. Is there anything chemically about this oil that would not be particularly good for my tractor that might not act well with seals or anything else?

What about hyd oil? What would someone recommend for that and does the transmission share the same fluid with the hyd pump?

thanks,
Tom

/ Oil type & weight for Shibaura #2  
I have a Ford 1900 which is made by the same people. I use the spec'd oil from Advance Auto parts which was on the label for the Hydraulic oil. It is a common sump on mine for Hydraulics and tranny oil. Holds like 25 quarts. There's also a screen in there to clean as well. Down by the tranny on the side. It's held in place with 3 screws.
The engine oil in mine is 10w-30 for year round use. 30w for summer use only down to 50 degrees or so.

Steve

/ Oil type & weight for Shibaura
I have a Ford 1900 which is made by the same people. I use the spec'd oil from Advance Auto parts which was on the label for the Hydraulic oil. It is a common sump on mine for Hydraulics and tranny oil. Holds like 25 quarts. There's also a screen in there to clean as well. Down by the tranny on the side. It's held in place with 3 screws.
The engine oil in mine is 10w-30 for year round use. 30w for summer use only down to 50 degrees or so.

Steve

Hi Steve, what was your spec'ed Hydraulic oil for your rig?