Shibaura SD 1540B interchange

/ Shibaura SD 1540B interchange #1  

Tractor Time

Tractor
Kubota L225
Hi all, just acquired a SD1540B Shibaura and it looks like I will need to at least do an overhaul on the engine; pistons, rings and bearings minimum. Anyway needing to find these parts and hopefully a spec manual or parts manual. I am wondering also if anyone here knows what the Ford model that this tractor crosses to? I have heard that Shibaura made the engines for Ford as well as their own production. Its a 2 cyl diesel, 844 CC? LEO802b is cast on the side of the block. Thanks David.

/ Shibaura SD 1540B interchange #2  
Hi David,

I also have a Shibaura SD1540B model, I purchased a parts list and repair manual from Sheaffer's Town & Country Tractors www.japenesetractorparts.com

I believe the Ford model is 1500

Joel

/ Shibaura SD 1540B interchange #3  
Hi David,

I also have a Shibaura SD1540B model, I purchased a parts list and repair manual from Sheaffer's Town & Country Tractors www.japenesetractorparts.com

I believe the Ford model is 1500

Joel

Ford 1500 is a Shibaura SD2200, quite a bit larger than a 1540. I dont kow of a ford crossover with the 802B engine

/ Shibaura SD 1540B interchange #4  
my Bad, I have a Ford shop manual for 1100, 1110, 1200, 1210, 1300, 1310, 1500, 1510, 1700, 1710, 1900, 1910 and 2110.

Looks like the ford model 1300 has an 802D model engine, from the pictures and diagrams looks very similar.

Joel

/ Shibaura SD 1540B interchange #5  
Hello, I also have a shibaura SD1540B tractor and am having trouble with the hydraulic pump seal keeps blowing and letting hydraulic oil in with my motor oil. I was told that this is probably the relief valve is stuck there for not relieving the pressure and blowing the pump seal. I took the pump to a hydraulic shop and they replaced the seal it cost over $100.00 to fix. I put the pump back on and it worked find for about 5 min. and the seal blew again.I took the relief valve apart I couldn't find any thing wrong. I am needing a service manual or any and all manuals for this tractor. I would appreciate any help given or advice. Thanks!

/ Shibaura SD 1540B interchange #6  
Cant help with a manual, going to bet they are scarce but Len Sheaffer at Sheaffer's Town & Country Tractor may be able to help. I first suggest putting a hydraulic gauge in a port somewhere ( look around the trans housing etc)or a hydraulic line if you have a loader or rear remotes.( I once removed the 3 point hitch drop speed control located between your legs/under the seat on most machines and plumbed a gauge in there using a 1/4" nipple). I suspect your machine should operate somewhere around 2000psi. If much higher than that it probably is a relief issue, if not, sounds like they aren't getting the seal right.