what pump is this?

/ what pump is this? #1  

RaymondTM

Tractor
shibura se 5346
Please see photo. This pump is on the left side, under the alternator, of a Shibaura SE 5346 tractor. What kind of pump is this, and what does it do? It is fed from a resevoir above and back of it, and it's fill hole is accessed through the top cover of the tractor.

Thnaks!

Attachments

• What pump on Shibaura tractor.JPG
    What pump on Shibaura tractor.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 547
   / what pump is this? #2  
That's the Hydraulic pump supplying the linkage and remotes if it has them.

I expect it would be a gear pump.

/ what pump is this?
Thanks! That is what I suspected, but leads to another question, please. This tractor has a front end loader and brush hog attached. I am in the process of changing all the fluids, as routine maintance. Got oil changed ok, np. The fluid that came out of the bottom of the pump in the photo looked like motor oil. Does that sound correct? And, the fluid that comes out of the FEL lever controls box is milky/yellowish. Is that a different resovior than the pump in the photos uses? Are there filters/screens for either or both? Thanks!

/ what pump is this?
Does anyone know the answers to the questions above about the fluids in the hydralic pump and the fluid in the transmission/FEL hydralic system, and a commom resovior?

/ what pump is this? #5  
Did the oil you drained from the pump come from the pressure port on the bottom of the pump?

If you drained anything from the left - where the pump bolts onto - that would be engine oil, for lubricating the drive to the pump.

Not familiar with this tractor but I gather from your original post that there is a resevoir supplying the pump, I'd expect to find a filter where the oil returns to the resevoir.

The engine should have its own filter somewhere lowdown on the engine.

/ what pump is this?
Thanks! I think I have it all figured out now. Yes, the fluid came from the bottom pressure port, and having drained that, and now having drained the main hydraulic/transmission fluild, i can say for certainty that they are two separate systems. The pump in the photos is only for the power assist steering. The main resovoir is for the transmission, 3 point lift, and FEL. I have not found the filters or screens for either yet, though. As a side note, the main hydraulic/transmissioin fluid replacement was somewhere between 12 - 14 gallons!