Hydraulic Top Link

/ Hydraulic Top Link #1  

BrisMatt

Tractor
JD 455
I would like to run a hydraulic top link on my ford 1120 (built by Shibaura). My machine has no spare hydraulic ports to plug into. I am told I have to connect new hydraulic ports to the hydraulic pump's diverter valve (see below). Does anyone know how I would do this?
hydpump.jpg

Thanks
Matt

/ Hydraulic Top Link #2  
I would like to run a hydraulic top link on my ford 1120 (built by Shibaura). My machine has no spare hydraulic ports to plug into. I am told I have to connect new hydraulic ports to the hydraulic pump's diverter valve (see below). Does anyone know how I would do this?
hydpump.jpg

Thanks
Matt

Not sure on your particular machine, but it sounds like a lot of trouble and $$$

Have you considered something like this https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=9-7960&catname=hydraulic

/ Hydraulic Top Link
I have never seen these before however I need to operate the top link from the tractor seat.

/ Hydraulic Top Link #4  
I have never seen these before however I need to operate the top link from the tractor seat.

Most can reach the "hydralink" from the seat. I think there are videos of how it works. Maybe on (Temporarily blocked due to reports of company closure)??? Not sure. But I know with evem my standard turnbuckle style TL I can reach it from the operators seat.

/ Hydraulic Top Link
I have done some research on the Hydraulink and its not what I am after. It is unable to push or pull, all it simply does is adjusts and holds its current position. I need a hydraulic ram action that can push and pull.

/ Hydraulic Top Link #6  
BrisMatt,

Do you have a FEL now? If so, does it have a PB outlet to add another valve? If not, you can still cut into the pressure line from the pump and add a valve with PB and run the TNT from the new valve.

Also, if you have FEL, and the FEL ports are QD's, then you could unplug the curl cyl and plug in a new set of hoses that run to the back to the TNT, and use the FEL valve to operate the TNT.

If you only have 3pt, then #8 is a pressure port, and #9 is a return port.

/ Hydraulic Top Link
Thanks for the info. I dont have an FEL so I will use these ports. Regarding the return line how do I connect it to #9? Is it possible that the plug located just below and to the right of #8 (where the #2 is pointing) be used for the return line?

Thanks
Matt

/ Hydraulic Top Link #8  
Thanks for the info. I dont have an FEL so I will use these ports. Regarding the return line how do I connect it to #9? Is it possible that the plug located just below and to the right of #8 (where the #2 is pointing) be used for the return line?

Thanks
Matt

Is there anything stamped on that assembly? You might try removing the plug #2 and see what is inside. If the chamber appears empty, remove the return line, and try blowing air through the two ports. If that port is not available, you can always tee into the return line.

Do you have an owners manual or parts manual?

/ Hydraulic Top Link #9  
I'm not familiar the diverter valve. You can cut th epressure line . Run the pump side to the IN port of your control valve & the OUT to the 3 point side of pressure line. You can order hydraulic top links on my website Sheaffer's Town & Country Tractor