SE 6340

/ SE 6340 #1  

John Curtis

Tractor
shibaura SE 6340
I have just obtained a 6340 and the rear hydrailcs do not work. Is this a common problem? can any one help me to track the problem. Thamks John

/ SE 6340 #2  
Not ever heard of this model but the place to start is with the easy thing. Make certain the hydraulic fluid is full.

Check the filter and suction screen for clogging.

Confirm that it is not an issue with the hydraulic pump. This may require putting a pressure gauge into the system to confirm it is producing enough pressure.

Make sure all hydraulic control valve linkages are functional and working correctly.

If there are any control valves plumbed into the hydraulic system between the pump and the 3 point hitch that has quick connects, take them off and reseat them to make sure they were making good connection.

At this point, all the easy stuff is probably covered. Can you describe what you have done so far or anything else that may help in diagnosing the issue?

/ SE 6340 #3  
The piston seal is more than likely bad on the three point. I have just got one in the shop with the same issue. Parts are not available in the US. I sent the specs to a hydraulic shop to see if they can make a piston seal for me.