Price Check Shibaura sd1803

/ Shibaura sd1803 #1  

achoneyc

A friend of mine inherited a Shibaura sd1803 recently and is wanting to sell it. I have no idea what this tractor is worth and can find little about them on the internet. I know this about the tractor, 22HP, 3 cyl diesel. Hour meter shows 926 hours, don't know how accurate that is. Tractor runs and looks good, has 4 brand new tires, doesn't smoke, PTO and 3ph all in good working order. He has a 5' box blade to go with it. Any idea what a fair asking price would be for this tractor? Thanks.

/ Shibaura sd1803 #2  
Where are you located? Prices seem to vary regionally on little tractors to a fairly significant degree.

One way to ball-park value is to look on craigslist or equipment trader or whatever other for sale/want ads that are local to you and find similar sized tractors equipped comparably. In old small tractors, John Deere machines command the highest prices around here, followed by Kubota then Yanmar. From there, the other companies are jumbled in their asking prices, but the gray market tractors with lower parts availability in comparison to those three brands are cheaper, generally, or in much better condition at the same price.