Shibaura SD1840 manual & hydraulics question

/ Shibaura SD1840 manual & hydraulics question #11  
A shop that sells hydraulic cylinders and hoses might rebuild pumps.

/ Shibaura SD1840 manual & hydraulics question #12  
I also have a Shibaura SD1840 and was looking for operating manual. I ended up getting a Ford F1300 manual from Sheaffer's Town &Country Tractors. sheaftractor@grics.net. His tel is 815-284-3226.

I must say though, that various levers are in different places than shown in this manual.

Let me know if you find something better.

/ Shibaura SD1840 manual & hydraulics question
Wolfy,

Here are pics of the controls aroundthe seat that I'm unsure of about name and function. Thank you for your assistance

R

Attachments

• tractorcontrols1.jpg
    tractorcontrols1.jpg
    801.7 KB · Views: 1,159
  • tractorcontrols2.jpg
    tractorcontrols2.jpg
    818.3 KB · Views: 835
  • tractorcontrols3.jpg
    tractorcontrols3.jpg
    840.9 KB · Views: 751
Rich,

Thats the only source I've found as well although I have not purchased their manuals. How helpful and close to the SD1840 workings was it? I have sent out several requests for info including to Shibaura Europe & Japan. I'll let you know if I get anywhere.

Thank you
bigR

/ Shibaura SD1840 manual & hydraulics question #15  
I don't know much about tractors, so I was hoping the Ford manual would help. but, almost none of the gears/levers are in the same place on the tractor as shown in the manual. I haven't tried to use it to look at hydraulics etc.

However, the 1840SD looks exactly like the Ford tractor in terms of body style.

Rich,

How useful isthe manual to you otherwise? Did you get the operators, repair, or parts manual? I just got my Shibaura...how do you like yours and what do you use it for?

Thank you

/ Shibaura SD1840 manual & hydraulics question #17  
I haven't used the manual beyond trying to figure out what all the levers are for. I got the operators manual. The tractor works fine. I had some work done on it and the mechanic said it ran really nice. I use the front end loader to move dirt in the garden, rocks and firewood. I use the bushhog to mow weeds and brush.

I new zilch about tractors when I bought it. I thought I would be able to find a manual easily but not the case. I've heard that parts are hard to come by, but I haven't needed any yet, and its good to know parts should be the same as Ford.

/ Shibaura SD1840 manual & hydraulics question #19  
I would think, the flat gray is the diff lock. Looks like your 3pt hitch has draft control. The black lever to the right looks like my 4wd. The black lever to the left looks like a creeper shifter...I can't be sure though, since I don't have creeper gears or draft control. But I have seen pictures and read about them.

/ Shibaura SD1840 manual & hydraulics question #20  
The black tilted lever to the far right, below the 3pt controls, that one looks like what engages the PTO. The little valve under the seat adjusts the 3pt arm lowering speed.