Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Tractor
    Shibaura SD-1840-FD and JD GT275

Default Re: Shibaura SD1840 manual & hydraulics question

Michael,
    I too have a Koyker front loader for my SD 1840 and I have learned not to load it too heavily. If you learn the lube specs please let us all know. I'd love to know the New Holland model number that is supposed to be similar. I purchased a Ford manual that was supposed to be similar and the profile of the tractor is similar, but all the levers etc are located differently so its of no value to me.

Rich

Tractor
    Kubota B7100 Shibaura SD1840 (Ford 1500)

Default Re: Shibaura SD1840 manual & hydraulics question

Quote Originally Posted by RichOnLopezIsland View Post
    Michael,
    I too have a Koyker front loader for my SD 1840 and I have learned not to load it too heavily. If you learn the lube specs please let us all know. I'd love to know the New Holland model number that is supposed to be similar. I purchased a Ford manual that was supposed to be similar and the profile of the tractor is similar, but all the levers etc are located differently so its of no value to me.

Rich
    Old thread chiming in.
    I just purchased a SD1840 with an Allied backhoe & loader attached and I was given a Ford 1500 manual with it.. the owner told me it was the same tractor. I have not had a chance to research this yet..

My engine runs but not properly.. the previous owner said tractor would not start and he noticed the water seperator was half filled with water, so he thought that the fuel pump might be contaminated with water.. so he installed a rebuilt Fuel pump ($900) had the Head resurfaced, a couple new valves, 2 injectors,
    When finished with the work the tractor started, but it runs bad.
    He said it did not have power to operate attachments.
    He thinks that the reason it is running poorly now is that the Fuel injection timing could be off?
    Any ideas?
    I am going to tinker with it on trailer for a couple weeks.. then bring it to a mechanic if I can not figure it out.
    Anyone have any ideas on remedy?

Thanks

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234