Default Shibaura SD4643T PTO stuck in 4

Does anyone know what the problem may be. There is no grinding or anything that seems to out of place other than the PTO is stuck in speed for. It went in there when I was snowblowing and it feels pretty stuck.

Tractor
    NH TC 30

Default Re: Shibaura SD4643T PTO stuck in 4

Quote Originally Posted by DerekAili View Post
    Does anyone know what the problem may be. There is no grinding or anything that seems to out of place other than the PTO is stuck in speed for. It went in there when I was snowblowing and it feels pretty stuck.
    What?
    I am confused too.
    Yoder
    NH TC30

DeltaHook Rapid Hitch www.deltahook.com
    Woods Brush Bull 5'
    King Kutter Roto Tiller 4'
    Bush Hog Road Blade 50-06
    King Kutter Rake 7'
    16 Blade Disc.
    Carry All for water Tank.

Tractor
    Mitsubishi MTE2000D, Dig It 258 Backhoe

Yoder....I think he is saying that while using the snow blower, the PTO was put in the highest (4th) speed position (he must have 4 PTO speeds).

I think you need to trace the lever/linkage back to the transmission and look for problems. You may try turning the PTO shaft backwards by hand while having someone try moving the lever and see if it can get it to slip back into a lower gear...kind of like "rocking" a vehicle to help it shift sometimes while sitting? You may have to take the top of the transmission case off and looking for internal issues. You'll be able to see the internal side of the linkage, forks and gear sets after taking the trans case cover off. I'm not familiar with your tractor but this may involve taking off sheet metal, seat, etc. to get to the end of the case that houses the PTO gears. Not fun but not a difficult task....just nuts and bolts and after you can visually inspect the internals I suspect your issue will be quickly diagnosed.
    Darryl

Yes I have a 4 speed PTO on my tractor. Alright I will try see if I can get it by wiggling it a bit then. If not will take it apart a bit. Thanks