Tractor
    Looking to buy

Default Shibaura SL 1743

I've just bought (haven't closed yet) on 17 acres with a house. 4 - 5 acres of grass. I'm looking for a CUT and I'm generally a cheap person. So I hope you all can help me out. New tractor is out of the budget.

I want a loader, 60 pull behind deck, blade for scraping the driveway and cutting narrow trails in the woods. 4wd.

I've been looking around.

I found this one for $2200.

Shibaura SL 1743

Say stiger on the grill. I can't find any information on the net about it. The only thing I see is they were imported for Ford. 3 pt hitch finish mowers are not a problem. I'm a mechanic by hobby. So the labor is no big deal. But have never worked on tractors. This tractor would need a loader.

How would I adapt one?

Anybody know anything about these?

Thanks for the help

Here is the tractor.

Tractor
    Looking to buy

Default Re: Shibaura SL 1743

Nothing? Can a loader be retrofitted? If I can't learn anything I'll just let it go to somebody else.

Gold Member

Sorry there hadfield4wd. I thought you'd get some help over here.

The only thing I can say is sure there's got to be a way to adapt a loader to fit, but I don't have any idea how. You'd probably have to locate a loader first, and then hook up with a local welder/machine shop to adapt it.

It used to be that almost every grey tractor I saw that had a loader added would be a Koyker loader. I looked on their site, but don't see a SL1743 model on their fit list. You might give them a call regarding a mount kit, but I'm sure you'd end up spending more on the loader than you did on the tractor, and then it would only work for their loader.

Koyker Manufacturing - Loaders

Sorry again for the lack of help.

On edit: I've had a about 6 grey tractor dealers websites bookmarked for years as I was kicking around getting one a few years ago (I didn't get any tractor for a number of reasons). I thought I'd check them out just now, and was surprised to find that 1 had ceased to exist, 3 no longer sell or service greys as they've become dealers for LS, Mahindra, and/or Kioti, and 1 that like the others had added a Korean brand, but that did not have any grey stock where there always used to be 15 - 20 units. Makes me wonder if the thrill is gone - i.e. no money in them anymore(?).
    Last edited by dbear; 03-08-2013 at 06:56 PM. Reason: additional thought

Silver Member
    Tractor
    shibaura s1500/kuboto bx2200/

koyker should make one for that model.