Tractor Year/Hydraulics?

/ Tractor Year/Hydraulics? #1  

TMGUY

Tractor
Shibaura S325D
I have a Shibaura I bought from a prevous owner. No manual, nothing but the tractor and attachments. The tractor works great. It is a Shibaura but the decal on the hood has a very faded "Shibaura" and the model # S325 D. I cannot find anything anywhere that matches those numbers and was thinking it was refurbished....
It's a 3 cyl deisal 4wd w/ 48" FEL and 3 pt. hitch I am trying to find the model year for parts and repairs when needed.
I have since sanded, bondo'd and repainted because of all the rust.

I also have a hydraulic question.. The hydraulics seem very weak. FEL will not lift more than 250-300 lbs. and the 3 pt bounces like crazy and will not hold anything up once the motor is turned off.
Could this be a pump issue or is it supposed to this?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
   / Tractor Year/Hydraulics? #2  
Have you plugged a 3000 psi hyd gage in to test the relief pressure.

/ Tractor Year/Hydraulics?
I am a novice and just learning the ropes when it comes to hydraulics. My research has led me to believe that the hydraulic piston on the 3pt. needs a ring job. It is not staying up and bounces all the time. I am trying to gain enough knowledge and confidence to disassemble and rebuild. As far as hooking up a hyd. gage, I would not know where to start. I guess getting a hyd. Gauge would be a good star. The 3 pt. will probably have to wait until winter. I need the tractor to be up and running I am using it to move dirt and grade a horse arena right now.
Any idea on finding out what year the tractor is?

/ Tractor Year/Hydraulics? #4  
In order to do your basic hyd test. Obtain a gage test set similar to these.

If you have a matching QD in the cyl circuit, just plug the test set in and operate the valve lever momentary to show relief pressure.

For permanent installation, install the gage in a tee at the loader valve IN port.

Now you can use the gage for trouble shooting and to monitor the hyd system.

You want to check the relief pressure for whatever the manufacturer set.

If you can't get relief pressure, you need to trouble shoot and find out where things are not working as advertised.

If the 3pt drifts down, the piston seals are probably worn.

Attachments

• 3000 psi hyd test gage set.jpg
    3000 psi hyd test gage set.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 115
  • 3000 psi hyd test gage set1.jpg
    3000 psi hyd test gage set1.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 116