3-Point Hitch 1700 hydraulic fluid question

/ 1700 hydraulic fluid question #1  

ARAYT

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ford 1700, Ford 750 TLB, Case 585
What type of fluid should I use for the lift. May be a coincidence or did I mess up. I added standard combo hydraulic/ trans fluid and now my lift is acting up. Cold it works fair after extended use it will not lift. After use I Checked the fluid and it seems to be foamy. The fluid I added is about three years old. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Ray

/ 1700 hydraulic fluid question #2  
Fluid should meet M2C-134-A or better. Many of the universal UTF's meet the "-C" which is good enough. You may have gotten so fluid lacking enough anti-foam agent or the new fluid may have partially clogged your screen. I would check the fluid container to see if it meets spec and if if does clean your screen

/ 1700 hydraulic fluid question
Fluid should meet M2C-134-A or better. Many of the universal UTF's meet the "-C" which is good enough. You may have gotten so fluid lacking enough anti-foam agent or the new fluid may have partially clogged your screen. I would check the fluid container to see if it meets spec and if if does clean your screen

Thanks for the help!! Will I need to drain the system to clean the screen?
Ray

/ 1700 hydraulic fluid question #4  
Because the screen is on the intake pipe at the bottom of the reservoir, you have to at least drain it. Book shows about 20 quarts of fluid.

Good deal. I'll check the type of fluid and make sure its type "C" (i beleive it is) and go from there. Just strange that it started giving trouble at the same time I added fluid to it.
Thanks for the help!!!
rt

Update!! Checked type of fluid it was the correct type. Drained fluid (all three ports thanks to other post) the fluid color looked like clay. Not sure how this happened. Cleaned strainer changed fluid she started working like a champ. Thanks "mostly gas" and for this forum.
Ray