Shibaura SD1840 - what is the Ford model / need oil and air filter.

/ Shibaura SD1840 - what is the Ford model / need oil and air filter. #1  

paulgoed

Tractor
Shibaura SD1840
I need to change the engine oil/filter/air cleaner (current oil filter Dutsch D485, no markings on air filter). What weight engine oil is recommended?

Also what is the Ford model - the alt/generator is out and needs to be replaced.

If something like the water pump went out, will a Ford water pump work?

I guess in short - asking where to go online to check for parts.

Thanks for all comments.

/ Shibaura SD1840 - what is the Ford model / need oil and air filter. #2  
no answers to your original question July 2015 ?
I just purchased a SD1840 and the owner gave me 2 Ford 1500 service manuals and a parts book & told me it was the same tractor.
I have not had a chance to research this fully yet as i just got it home.
I need to find out why it is running bad? the previous owner put a new fuel pump on it and thinks that the fuel injection timing was not set correctly?

/ Shibaura SD1840 - what is the Ford model / need oil and air filter. #3  
I need to change the engine oil/filter/air cleaner (current oil filter Dutsch D485, no markings on air filter). What weight engine oil is recommended?

Also what is the Ford model - the alt/generator is out and needs to be replaced.

If something like the water pump went out, will a Ford water pump work?

I guess in short - asking where to go online to check for parts.

Thanks for all comments.
I have a sd1840 I found a Napa gold 1306 oil filter that works I use regular 1540 diesel oil and also put a little Lucas oil stabilizer in every time I chg the oil, I took my air cleaner to parts store and matched it I have purchased parts from southern global tractor in Wiggins ms, they also have website.

/ Shibaura SD1840 - what is the Ford model / need oil and air filter. #4  
Reading through some of the threads. Been absent for awhile.

I am using a Fram 3682 oil filter on my SD 1840. Used a Wix prior. Seems to work fine, and can easily be cross-referenced to others. Heavy duty 15-40W engine oil. Also works fine. In fact, time for an oil change. Mobile mechanic I've used in the past has me using SuperTech heavy duty transmission/hydraulic fluid from WalMart. Inexpensive, but acceptable. He recommended not mixing fluids, so if you find one you believe works best, keep with it, but apparently don't mix it. Haven't done anything with any other fluids. No service manual makes life a pain at times. Glad to be back. Good to know others operating Shibaura's out there. I've been happy with mine. Take care, all.

/ Shibaura SD1840 - what is the Ford model / need oil and air filter. #5  
NAPA 1512 oil filter works as well. I try to change in every season.

As far as hydraulic fluid, any idea how much the reservoir holds and how to check the level?