Shibaura SP1540

/ Shibaura SP1540 #1  

armyof1

Bronze Member
Tractor
GC1720
I just won this tractor off e-bay. I am in the army at Ft Meade at this time I got this tractor to help my dad out and myself I guess I should have ask around and done more research but it is done now and my dad is killing him self trying to put out a garden. So my question is if you have time could you tell me something about this size tractor the guy said the loader could lift a 1000 lb. Electrically controlled rear hydraulics (joystick type) is this good bad, some say they go bad quick? I've looked on line and find very little information. Is this tractor safe like for my dad who is 62 and my 18 year old son and would you add anything to make it safer. some of the things that would be done with this tractor is garden, mowing, use the loader to clean old fence row out, fill in some pretty big holes dig dirt out of a bank for the holes, pull some cut tree. And how hard is it to put a 3 point hitch on this tractor.
Thank you Sam Wood

Attachments

• 397440-DCP_0651.jpg
    397440-DCP_0651.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 2,205
   / Shibaura SP1540 #2  
Welcome to TBN!

Shibuara makes the drive/powertrains for most of the New Holland compacts. However, they are not sold in the United States, so this is most likely a "gray market" unit - probably used in Asian agriculture, "refurbished" and imported. If the rebuild was done right, it should be a pretty good tractor.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( would you add anything to make it safer )</font>
You could have a ROPS (rollover protection system) added, which consists of a rollbar AND seatbelt. I say this because the loader looks kind of homemage/aftermarket. It sticks out very far and when lifted high in the air changes your center of gravity. You can also add wheel weights, load the rear tires with liquid, and put your wheels on with a wider track to make it more stable.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( how hard is it to put a 3 point hitch on )</font>
Judging from the picture (the tiller is raised), it already has a 3 point hitch on it. If your question is "how hard is it to change 3 point implements?", then not TOO hard. Many require some manhandling and jiggling. You can make it easier by storing implements on dollies or buying a quick-hitch setup.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( pull some cut tree )</font>
For safety, only pull from the draw bar.

Good luck! Read as much as you can about grey market tractors, implements, and SAFETY on this board. If you can't find the answer to your question after searching the ten of thousands of posts, don't hesitate to ask.

Mark

/ Shibaura SP1540
No the tractor has a 2 point hitch I know it is a Grey and it had to sit for 10yr before coming over the guy was up front with me and showed me how some things worked I have 5150.00 in this tractor. Good or bad I don't know the tractor does not look to be painted are anything redone on it shows 567hrs power wise it fells good I'm not use to the switch that makes the hitch go up and down. I work 1yr in a tractor shop like 8n and some new MF and so on but that was over 14 yrs ago and with everything in japan it will take me a while to learn the ends and out. TBN has great information and the user have help other out greatly so thanks all. More pic can be seen at e-bay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3802121514&category=26193&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWN%3AIT&rd=1 just copy and paste or go to
www.importedtractors.com/page/page/985139.htm

/ Shibaura SP1540
Found out that the three point hitch is going to be easy. Work the tractor hard today done a great job more power than weight. New problem the Alternater has power coming from the two wires but it is not going to the battery all the fuse look good so I do not know where to start. if you unhook the battery it cuts off. the battey is new thanks for any help someone may give

/ Shibaura SP1540 #5  
If the battery isn't charging it could be the voltage regulator.

/ Shibaura SP1540
I don,t want sound dum but where is the voltage regulator at on a Shibaura SP1540? Also my son was digging a hole learning how to run the tractor it stall and would not start back check the fuel pump it has fuel up to the the ejector pump it also had fuel from the return line from the ejector but when I unhook the top line into the enjector there was no fuel to it. Is thare a hand pump on tractor are do you have to keep turning the engine over. I know the tractor sit for ten year could it be the fuel tank I run it for about 3hrs total.

/ Shibaura SP1540
need a voltage regulator for Shibaura SP1540 are a cross over thank Sam