D23F

/ D23F #1  

OldMcDonald

Platinum Member
Tractor
None
I am storing a D23F Stiger Deluxe and some equipment on a long-term basis whilst the owner is overseas. Note Stiger is not the brand Steiger but a model description of this D23F. I will be using the tractor as a dedicated spraying rig along with my ag sprayer. Can anyone give me some basic info please?

It has a 4-speed pto and the dials are marked to show that in PTO1 540 rpm pto shaft speed is at 2500 engine rpm. This is excessively high and wasteful of fuel for driving a pump on a 10 foot boom, or hand held lance. Most of the use will be with the lance for spraying fruit trees, or to provide liquid fertiliser along the tree rows through a single tube dribble, but some boom work too.

For several years I have run my NH 45 at 1200 to 1250 rpm engine speed when spraying and this is well below the 540 pto speed, although I do not know how much. It provides adequate power at the speeds I travel at. I use the PTO E speed, which means the pto spins faster at the same revs than when using the standard PTO speed.

Does anyone know the relative speeds of the 4 pto speeds on the D23F? Any ideas on when 540 is reached in each speed?

Also, out of curiosity, is there any means of knowing when the tractor was made? I have been through all the old threads on TBN and there was one mention that they were made between 1985 and 1987, but the poster had no information whether they were made after this date.

/ D23F #3  
There is a date stamped on the rim of the rear wheels.

Eugene

/ D23F
Use the pressure gauge ?

I do not see how this will assist in calculating the relative speeds of the 4 gears. It is a small pump on a small sprayer and even at a low tick-over it is sufficient to reach any set pressure. A bypass prevents over pressurising.

QUOTE - There is a date stamped on the rim of the rear wheels.
Eugene

I have thoroughly checked both rear wheels and there is no stamping on either.

/ D23F #5  
The parts book is published in 1987. Most Japanese tractors were only made for 2-4 years

/ D23F
The parts book is published in 1987. Most Japanese tractors were only made for 2-4 years

Apologies for the long delay in responding. I have not been active on here. Following your info I decided that about 1985 to 1987 is near enough.