Silver Member

Default Ford LGT 16D tractor aka Shibaura

Been looking around for a small diesel type lawn tractor. Had a kubota G6200, sold it. I like the small diesels.

I see there's a few Ford LGT's around the country, is this tractor a solid unit like the Kubota or is it a flimsy body and tranny sitting behind a rugged engine?

Also, are parts likely to be available at a Ford/New Holland dealer for this group of tractors? I've owned too many tractors based on whim and not parts availability. That has got to stop.

Tractor
    JD 4310 eHydro, Mid/Rear PTO,T'N'T, 3rd SCV

Default Re: Ford LGT 16D tractor aka Shibaura

I recently picked up a 1992 Ford LGT with Shibaura Diesel, Power Steering, 2 Speed Rear End, Hydrostat from a city auction. Rugged machine, had been poorly cared for by the city but survived in spite. No mower deck which was good for me, I use it to move a Mid Size Twin Engine general aviation airplane in and out of the hangar. Makes easy work of the job. On our property (6) acres I use a JD 4310 so use to tractors. Some parts are difficult to locate, but most are available .