Price Check Price too high for Farmtrac 300dtc?

/ Price too high for Farmtrac 300dtc? #11  
Sasha,

For me, out the door, I paid $17,000.00

This was for the 300DTC
5140 loader
5' box blade
5' mower
post hole digger with 6" and 9" auger.

I looked long and hard for a tractor that I could get my monies worth on. I finally ended up wth the 300DTC for the higher loader lifting capacity, more gpm in the hydralic department, rear remotes, and the excellent price/service/location of the dealer.

You can't go wrong with either. The 300DTC just made more sense for my application.

How is that 5140 loader working out for you?

4 of the bolts that attach the 5140 to the bell housing came loose and stripped out the holes; 2 others sheared completely off...this happened after about 5 hours new. 2 other bolts that attach the loader and thread into the engine were also sheared. My dealer "fixed" it under warranty. Trusting that it was fixed, I brought it home and continued using it. 3 hours later, 2 of the 4 were loose/stripped again. I took it back to the dealer, they "fixed" it again. They told me I was abusing it. I shovel horse poo and spear 800# round bales; tasks well within the limits of the machine. I'm not made of money so I take care of my stuff. They "fixed" it again...

Well, here we are, out of warranty. The bolts are in even worse shape; as in: I need a new bell housing. I took it apart myself and discovered that the sheared bolts in the bell housing weren't fixed in the first place. The dealer went out of business. Any ideas?

Thanks!

-b

/ Price too high for Farmtrac 300dtc? #12  
Welcome to TBN.

You do realize that you posted on a 6 1/2 year old thread? The conversation is likely long since ended and the posters may not even be active on the forum anymore. Just sayin'.

/ Price too high for Farmtrac 300dtc? #13  
....and YOU read it...

:thumbsup:

-b