Re: Canadian Prices

/ Re: Canadian Prices #31  

canoetrpr,

Yeah, that Grand L especially with a CAB would be quite the machine. I was seriously looking at the Grand L series when I was shopping but the Dealership did'nt work out.

I would love to pick up the DX35 with my trade-in but just like you am having a very hard time justifying the expenditure when what I now have does everything I want it to. Dealership is only giving me $10K (sight unseen) for my TC35D with 260 Hrs. There is no way I would sell that cheap after buying for $23K 4 years ago and the relatively low hours on the Tractor. Private would be the way to go. Unfortunately, I will miss the 5 years @ 0% that they have in effect right now till the end of Feb. Literally, a crying shame.

Jimmy,

I think if you can be patient :eek: there will be better deals coming in the next few months. Kubota Dealership indicated same as canoetrpr mentioned, specials just around the corner.

Vic

/ Re: Canadian Prices #32  

Patience is a virtue - agreed. Got another quote on an L3400 HST with loader and it would be basically $19,000 plus tax.

I will sit on my hands. I have seen a lot of good low hours stuff on Agdealer for about $15k lately too. I'm still not convinced that the extra $ for new is completely worth it.

/ Re: Canadian Prices #33  

jimmyj said:
Patience is a virtue - agreed. Got another quote on an L3400 HST with loader and it would be basically $19,000 plus tax.

I will sit on my hands. I have seen a lot of good low hours stuff on Agdealer for about $15k lately too. I'm still not convinced that the extra $ for new is completely worth it.

I completely agree. It's a waiting & searching game. I bought my 2001 TC35D in 2004 with 79 hours on it for $23K. A new one at the time would have been closer to $30K. When you include the tax'es your looking at quite a chunk of change. Unfortunately, these type of deals are far & few inbetween. I was going to buy new as older tractors (greater than 1,000 hrs.) commanded too high a price when I found the TC35D.

Good Luck,

You'll Find That Sweet Deal Sooner or Later !

Vic

/ Re: Canadian Prices #34  

Kioti started bringing their prices down back during the Plowing Match time.

/ Re: Canadian Prices #35  

I just bought a Massey Ferguson GC2310. It will be delivered middle of next week, weather permitting. It was a 2005 model, and had been sitting on the dealer's lot since he got it. It was his 'demo' model. 143 hours on it, paint faded in some spots (it was sitting outside for most of the time that he had it). He's installing a block heater, doing a service (changing all fluids/filters), and delivering it for $15200+taxes. Because it was never put into service, I'm told that I'm getting a full warrantee on it. (I got them to verify this with Massey Ferguson, though I never got them to put it in writing on the invoice).

For the sake of comparison, the best "cash" price on a brand new GC2310 in my area is $18300+taxes, and the best "cash" price on a new Kubota BX24 in my area is $16800+taxes.

I was considering two other GC2310s that are located in Ontario. I'll include their info here, and save someone else some legwork:

Ron Mahon Equipment Limited, Inverary, 613-353-2626
- used Massey Ferguson GC2310TLB
- used for 40 hours, and then the fellow traded it in a bigger one
- will have more hours on it by now
- asking $15000, but salesguy thought that they might sell it for $14500
- no block heater, and no skid plate
- skid plate: $68.51 plus installation
- block heater: $134.43+taxes+installation
- used 60" midmower, currently on a GC2300 with a loader, that they might include with the GC2310 for an extra $1800
- loader+backhoe are off warrantee (only one year on these items)
- tractor still on warrantee until Sept 22/08
- serial # JRA 20544
- this is a 2006 model

Ray Racz, Twin Acres Equipment
- used Massey Ferguson GC2310TLB
- this was bought in the USA from a dealer
- the previous owner bought it using financing, and lost his job
- has 141 hours on it
- the photos of it make it look really nice (no faded paint)
- asking $14500 for it, price is firm, but includes delivery to GTA
- no block heater, and no skid plate
- block heater: $100 installed
- loader+backhoe have 6 months (or less) warrantee left
- tractor has 18 months (or less) warrantee left
- serial # JPA 25142
- this is a 2005 model

I bought the oldest GC2310, that looked the worst, for a bit more money... and for that extra money I got a full warrantee, from a dealer that is within a reasonable driving distance from me. (The other two tractors were located 8-12 hour return trips away from my place.)

The faded paint wasn't an issue for me because I have no intention of ever selling it. (I add to my equipment collection, and rarely part with anything :eek:). This way it will fit in with the rest of my equipment, which is currently being stored outside :(

/ Re: Canadian Prices #36  

FredWalter said:
I just bought a Massey Ferguson GC2310.

Good decision Fred. I too was going to buy a tractor from Ray back in Nov 2006 and have him bring it up to me via Michigan.

For a $1000 more I bought a new B7800 from a dealer in Michigan only 50 km's from me. Full warranty, block heater, loaded tires and 3 Kubota hats and bucket hooks. I saved over CDN $5K from what I would have paid to a Canadian dealer.

My friend, who trailered my B7800 to my house, has a GC2310 and loves it. I was going to buy one as well but thought I needed something a bit larger. I still don't have a backhoe though:(