Bucket Buddy instead of Weld on Hooks

/ Bucket Buddy instead of Weld on Hooks
JB4310 said:
Bucket buddy revisited, made this extended lift pole today, I know I can't move the world with it but I figure 300-400 pounds should be OK, Just enough to be a ball buster saver. JB,
Pictures:

This is a close up of the T-shaped steel I welded to the top of the tube to stiffen it up along with the gusset at the fulcrom. The T stock came from an old garage door opener track, very heavy duty for that application.

Attachments

• P9089745 (1200 x 900).jpg
    P9089745 (1200 x 900).jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 1,818
  • P9089748 (1200 x 900).jpg
    P9089748 (1200 x 900).jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 1,498
   / Bucket Buddy instead of Weld on Hooks #22  
I welded a regular hook on my bucket and have abused it with no problem. I do like the bolt on idea better and the bucket buddy is one fine idea. My compliments to you.

/ Bucket Buddy instead of Weld on Hooks #23  
JB, kudos on your designs. Do you hold classes on "implement design....?" Also, your yard and grounds reflect your attention to neat and clean.....Thanks for some great ideas!!

/ Bucket Buddy instead of Weld on Hooks #24  
We must be on the same wave length. I built one for my D-15 AC today. The bucket of the TC - 55 is the next candidate. I have a 6' piece of tube that is just the correct size for the housing. Also various sizes of angle. I have about 4 receivers so this application was a natural. Besides I hate changing balls from 2" to 2 5/16" between two trailers.
I'm going to bolt mine in place because I can see a grapple in the future.

/ Bucket Buddy instead of Weld on Hooks #25  
I wish it was as easy as you said. I have checked, the local John Deere and New Holland dealers, ACE Hardware, TSC, Northern Tool & Equip. and the three local equipment parts stores, no luck. Most of them know exactly what I want and have seen them, but no one stocks them. I really don't want to have to but chain hooks and cut and grind them. The one like you have is made to be welded and requires much less work.
Thanks for your help.

Try here.

Weld-On Grab Hook - Grade 70 - 3/8" - Mfg# 11-38WGH

Chain/Cable/Rope

http://pacificcargo.com/catalogs/downloads/catalog-trailer.pdf

Page 6

I just noticed the date on your post. You probably already found a source for the hooks

/ Bucket Buddy instead of Weld on Hooks #26  
I just found this post and I must say it is BRILLIANT! I am going to do this for sure. Thanks for the photos and details!!!

/ Bucket Buddy instead of Weld on Hooks #27  
I use a 1 7/8'' ball on a 6'' drop works great, started using for more than I thought :D

Attachments

• IMG_1131.JPG
    IMG_1131.JPG
    388.5 KB · Views: 1,024
  • IMG_1132.JPG
    IMG_1132.JPG
    320.3 KB · Views: 1,193
  • IMG_1134.JPG
    IMG_1134.JPG
    440.4 KB · Views: 1,279
   / Bucket Buddy instead of Weld on Hooks #28  
Is there any reason not to weld 3 of these on top of my bucket, one at each side and one in the center? That is what I think I want to do - ultimate versatility.

I have a Kioti CK30 and the bucket is "flat" on the top edge with a 1" square tube reinforcement on the inside of the top edge. Should I weld on a stiff plate all the way across the top of the bucket so it does not get bent before putting these on?

Comments?

/ Bucket Buddy instead of Weld on Hooks
I was gonna say the whole idea of the receiver tube is the versatility and didn't think 3 of them was necessary, but check the link and see what this guy did. Now I'd say go for it, sure can't hurt, as far as your bucket needing any reinforcement I'm not sure but with mine it hasn't been an issue.

Mount for Salvaged Pallet Forks - TractorByNet.com

/ Bucket Buddy instead of Weld on Hooks #30  
I say it again! Brilliant. Thanks a lot JB4310.

I'll start with 1 and see how it goes but i happen to have a couple of sets of salvage forks so this thread was a big help.