What's you most useful cheap tractor tool under 50.00?

/ What's you most useful cheap tractor tool under 50.00? #11  
A good hammer and a chain.

/ What's you most useful cheap tractor tool under 50.00? #12  
rcrcomputing:

"I like it! What all do you use it for?"

I use it to lift logs to buck into firewood and to lift "too heavy" blocks onto the woodsplitter.

I like your t-post puller - real simple but effective idea.

/ What's you most useful cheap tractor tool under 50.00? #13  
I like the auctions too and don't mind a couple hours to get there. Picked up a 5' Ford HD Rotary for $45 but my favorite is still the $35 Barracuda Flail mower. Trips to the salvage yard normally yield a cache of usable equipment as well. Some need minor repairs and some simply need cleaned and greased. At fifteen cents a pound, there's some real bargains to be had.

/ What's you most useful cheap tractor tool under 50.00? #14  
My favoite is a recently aquired drop link snatch block with steel sheave, bronze bushing and wood cheeks sized for 1" rope. It weighs 20 or 25 #s - I figure working load around 5000 #s. $15 at a flea market.

/ What's you most useful cheap tractor tool under 50.00? #15  
Got jealous of all the nice projects, and did one of my own yesterday.

I added some bucket hooks, which attached to movable, removable brackets. The brackets simply clip on, and slide along the top of the bucket to whereever you need them. You can use 1 hook in the center, or 1 hook on each side of the bucket, or anywhere in between. No welding or drilliing on the bucket.

I also fashioned a short boom pole to make it easy to grab barrels of water off the back of my pickup truck. The boom is supported by the bucket hooks. It was a fun project.

Here's a picture: http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c394/bobad/Picture015-1.jpg

Last edited:
   / What's you most useful cheap tractor tool under 50.00? #16  
I guess it'd have to be the forks I built for my 3PH. I don't have an FEL so this will have to do for now. Also, a receiver hitch with a various types of stingers and a permanantely mounted 2 5/16" ball on top for the gooseneck. All of this was made for less than $50:D

Attachments

• SD530716.jpg
    SD530716.jpg
    984.3 KB · Views: 405
  • SD530720.jpg
    SD530720.jpg
    800.4 KB · Views: 350
  • SD530718.jpg
    SD530718.jpg
    962.5 KB · Views: 277
   / What's you most useful cheap tractor tool under 50.00? #17  
Well I've built forks, added hooks to the bucket, built a thingamachig for the 3pt to haul logs. Adapted an old garden tractor snow blade to fit on a BH to smooth out those hard to reach places. adapted an old truck snowblow to slip onto the bucket of the tractor. Of course I would say the chains I bought at HF have been very usefull{at the time 14-15 $ for 14' length 3/8}. I'm sure there is more just can't remember, then of course there is the home built stuff that went over $50.00 and over budget also :D

/ What's you most useful cheap tractor tool under 50.00? #18  
PVC pipe that goes over 3ph lever and the hydraulic top link lever... out back window of cab so I can adjust 3ph and top link from rear of tractor.

/ What's you most useful cheap tractor tool under 50.00? #19  
Adapted an old garden tractor snow blade to fit on a BH to smooth out those hard to reach places.

Way Cool!! Post pictures if you have any, please.