What is a 'remote valve' and why do I want one?

/ What is a 'remote valve' and why do I want one? #11  
ah nope. While looking at 40-50 HP tractors, i found that JD and Kubots offered them as extras ONLY. not sure why....all tractors SHOULD come with at least 1 rear remote, but they dont. and its a $900 - 1250 extra to add. Their LARGE farm tractors all had them as standard though

That's why they are extra cost items...mo' money for the company.

/ What is a 'remote valve' and why do I want one? #12  
usually unless you are in the compact size tractor, most of the tractors come with one standard

The MF 16xx's series come with one set of rear remotes standard. Other CUT in the same size range do not :(

/ What is a 'remote valve' and why do I want one? #13  
seems like I saw them installed on a CUT to work the chute rotation and elevation on a 3 PH snowblower....just another reason to have them, I guess.

/ What is a 'remote valve' and why do I want one? #14  
...and yes, I have "The Book" and its not in there :(

Here are the triple hydraulic remotes on my 2008 Mahindra 5525

DSCF0066 (Small).JPGDSCF0067 (Small).JPG

These auxiliary ports are used to operate implements that require hydraulic power (e.g. hydraulic motors on post hole diggers, hydraulic cylinders (rams) on a variety of equipment). For example, my wheel disc has a large hydraulic ram to raise and lower the transport wheels

DSCF0132 (Small).JPGDSCF0133 (Small).JPG

Dealer installed remotes generally cost $500-800 per unit (including the hydraulic control valve, hoses, hydraulic quick disconnects). I was lucky. When I bought my new 5525 in 2008, the dealer installed the triple remotes for $750--couldn't pass up that deal.

Hope this info helps.

/ What is a 'remote valve' and why do I want one? #16  
   / What is a 'remote valve' and why do I want one? #17  
Flusher:

Your rig shows the benefits of flat top fenders.

But that's the problem with places to put stuff, they always get filled up..

Kioti's come (mine did anyway..) without the valves, but with the location for them. I think it cost me about 550 to have the dual remotes installed.

/ What is a 'remote valve' and why do I want one? #18  
Here, the local kubota dealer wants $2,000 for the set-up and no implements. I think that it is a little steep so I'm looking to buy and install myself with sons help. Just need to know where to locate source. Any suggestions?:)