Tractor radio?

/ Tractor radio? #1  

scnebraska

Tractor
Kubota L2800 D HST, L3240 HST-C + BX25
Hi,

What is your experience and what would your recommendation be? Interested in hearing what you are using for a radio in your tractor and why.

I'm looking for one to install in my new L3240 HSTC. Want one with great FM tuner, WX with SAME technology and USB port capabilities, nothing more necessary. Your suggestions and comments most welcome.

Thanks,
SCNEBRASKA

/ Tractor radio? #2  
I installed a radio in my B3030. It sounds decent and works well. Hind sight though, I probably would buy a good noise canceling bluetooth headset and be done with it. I like listening to music from a mp3 or ipod and neither work as well though the head unit as they do straight to head phones. Most cell phones these days are an mp3 and can get online radio stations too.

If you do get a stereo and pull your headliner down, I recommend getting some Mylar bubble sheeting from your local hardware store, and insulating your roof. Your heat and a/c work half as hard.

/ Tractor radio?
High Compression,

I was going to try and not mess with the headliner but your thoughts are well advised. It's probably going to be a one time thing so best to do it right the first time. Thanks for the good advice. :thumbsup:

/ Tractor radio? #4  
4shorts put a new Sony in his Kubota; so you might do a search for that. Heck, anything done by 4shorts is an education in how to do things to a tractor in a first class manor.

/ Tractor radio?
mjncad,

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to have a look in a minute or two. Looks like you've put some time in both in your shop and on the hydraulics on your Deere. They are both very impressive looking.

Not too familiar with the Sony lineup now so will have to take a gander. Was kind of thinking plain Jane Alpine with mp3 and WX but a bit too early in the decision game to jump right yet.

Thanks much for your comments.

/ Tractor radio? #7  
SC:

Thanks on the tractor mods; but I'm ashamed to say that my shop is utter crap, and I'm embarrassed to share pictures of it.

/ Tractor radio? #8  
Here's a couple of shots of the Sony I installed on my tractor. Sound quality is great, can't hardly hear the tractor at all. Notice how "clean" the installation is, no problem with the headliner. Hard to tell it's even there. I found I didn't need the weather radio option. Really works great, the output connector works fine with my Blackberry! State of the art (In 1984). :D Mark

Attachments

• DrillParts005.jpg
    DrillParts005.jpg
    355.5 KB · Views: 593
  • DrillParts006.jpg
    DrillParts006.jpg
    332.3 KB · Views: 788
   / Tractor radio? #10  
No offense intended to any particular person.

But if you ain't capable of 'multitasking'...........forget the radio and drive.

I drive for a living, and I see too many people on a daily basis that are 'downright dangerous' with the slightest distraction.......whether it be radio, phone............or a fly on the windshield.

I personally (when operating machinery) want to 'hear' what is happening. Sounds can tell a person a lot.