Got a "Piranha" toothbar from BXpanded

/ Got a "Piranha" toothbar from BXpanded #1  

paulemar

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25, 60" MMM, 3 point hitch
Well! Today I received my "Piranha" toothbar from BXpanded. I read about it on this forum and was impressed with what I saw and read. Since it was not yet listed on their web page, I contacted them by email inquiring about price and shipping to Pittsburgh, PA. Harry promptly answered with a price and ballpark shipping cost. I wrote back and told Harry I was ready to buy and please send payment info and an invoice. I received an invoice and PayPal button to click. I got up early Friday February 10th and---click, bam, paid for in a few minutes before leaving for work.

UPS delivered a nice heavy box this afternoon. That's only 6 days including a weekend and holiday to get my toothbar. Thanks Harry!

It took me longer to get my tools together than to install the unit. I used a 3/4" bi-metal hole saw, well oiled during the drilling process and it worked very well. All of the install hardware was included. A nice touch was the two stickers that you apply after you mark the oval slot so that you can allow for correct placement of the center punch to get your starter hole drilled.

The directions are very clear and easy to follow. Make sure that everything is tight and that the front of the toothbar is level. I raised the front end of the toothbar and pushed before marking the slots.

After installation, of course I had to give it a try. Now keep in mind, at this point I've had my BX25 for a week and a half. Bad weather and a 5 day nasty cold have given me a total of around 30 minutes of seat time so far.

I'm not sure what impressed me the most, the BX or the toothbar. Together they are awsome.

I have a bunch of 2-3" saplings along the edge of the fields that need to go. I first raised the bucket to about 24 inches and easily pushed them over. I then lowered the bucket to ground level and ripped them right out and them pushed aside. The soil is soft, but still, I was very happy. This is going to be fun!

image-3611394217.jpg.

image-2475388283.jpg

/ Got a "Piranha" toothbar from BXpanded #2  
Well that thing looks like it could rip out some brush and help dig too.. kinda like a cross between a ratchet rake and a regular toothbar. Keep us informed on how you are getting along with it..Thanks

James K0UA

/ Got a "Piranha" toothbar from BXpanded #3  
whats something like this sell for

/ Got a "Piranha" toothbar from BXpanded #4  
Dang, Looks Good! I could sure use one...

/ Got a "Piranha" toothbar from BXpanded #5  
That is a thing of beauty. I like the shiny. I guess it might not be so shiny in a few months. I guess I liked the shiny chrome on the 1967 Fury or all the other cars I grew up with.

/ Got a "Piranha" toothbar from BXpanded #6  
That looks nice! Keep us posted how it works, maybe a video if you're so inclined.
I was looking to buy one of these, but while waiting for some info about it to show up on the website, I ran across the Rachet Rake on clearance at TSC & spent that money.
Been waiting for their underbelly protection to show up since last summer...

/ Got a "Piranha" toothbar from BXpanded #7  
like2wheel said:
That looks nice! Keep us posted how it works, maybe a video if you're so inclined.
I was looking to buy one of these, but while waiting for some info about it to show up on the website, I ran across the Rachet Rake on clearance at TSC & spent that money.
Been waiting for their underbelly protection to show up since last summer...

The underbelly product is available, just not up on the web site. Just call and you can order. I just asked about it today.

/ Got a "Piranha" toothbar from BXpanded #8  
Man that thing looks good! I have been wanting one for a couple months now! Glad to hear it was easy to install and sounds functional too! I think I'm going to order one next week!

/ Got a "Piranha" toothbar from BXpanded #9  
I just got my "Piranha" toothbar yesterday too. I didn't have time to put it on yet. It does look vicious. I look forward to getting it mounted, maybe this weekend.

/ Got a "Piranha" toothbar from BXpanded #10  
Being a kind of WWII buff that tooth bar remids me of what out GI's welded to the front of their sherman tanks to get through the hedge rows in Normandy :) I have a regular tooth bar with (peng) teeth and it really does increase the ability of my bx24