Buying Advice Ls xr 4140 or Ls xr 4150

/ Ls xr 4140 or Ls xr 4150 #1  

fishnbob

Tractor
in process of buying
Hello! New to the forum. I have been reading a lot of great info here and looking to buy a new tractor and need some advice.
I have just over 60 acres and will be using the tractor for clearing, brush hogging, food plots and a lot of loader work. I will be building a house soon so will be using it for back filling and cutting firewood in the future as well as snow removal. I am looking at the xr 4140 and xr 4150. My question is do I need the extra horse power or should I use the extra money to get attachments and buy the 4140? Short notice but hopefully someone can help Im heading to the dealer this morning.
Thanks
Bob

/ Ls xr 4140 or Ls xr 4150 #2  
What's the price difference between the 2? Since the tractors are on the same frame, the only difference being the engines, there won't be anything that one can do that the other can't really. You might get some mowing done faster with the 50, if you buy a bigger mower, but lift capacities are going to be the same for FEL work. So, if bumping up from a 6' to 7' (or maybe 8') rotary mower is something you would want to do, then go for it, but if I were you I'd use the money towards getting the tires filled. :)

Welcome (again) to TBN.

/ Ls xr 4140 or Ls xr 4150
Thanks for the response Soon. I just made it back home from the dealership and waiting for them to prep my new tractor. I worked a deal with the salesman and ended up getting the xr4145h. It is their lot demo model and I was able to get it with the tires loaded and a couple other gadgets for the same price as the 4140. Still get the full warranty and its a 2016 with hst

/ Ls xr 4140 or Ls xr 4150 #4  
Sounds like you lucked out and got an in between of the ones you were looking at. We need to have the prices on these new tractors and any equipment you bought so others can benefit from your sale.

/ Ls xr 4140 or Ls xr 4150 #5  
Yeah, that seems to be a common benefit. I was looking at the 4140H but the dealer had a 4046 on the lot and gave a pretty good deal to me to take the one off the lot instead of having him order a new one.

Nelson

Sounds like you lucked out and got an in between of the ones you were looking at. We need to have the prices on these new tractors and any equipment you bought so others can benefit from your sale.

Gary. The xr4140h was quoted for 24950 before tax and that is what I ended up getting the 4145 for with tires loaded(beet juice) and delivered. I should be getting it in a coup[le more hours. Sooo exited! My wife even test drove it. She's an Angel.

/ Ls xr 4140 or Ls xr 4150 #7  
That will be a really good machine for you....lots of capability. Pictures or it didn't happen! :D

That will be a really good machine for you....lots of capability. Pictures or it didn't happen! :D

I will try to get some pics on here but I am not very tech savvy. I will see if my wife will help me tonight.

/ Ls xr 4140 or Ls xr 4150 #9  
You're going to love that tractor! The size and weight is really in the sweet spot for what you going to be doing with it

I do a lot of dirt work in close around houses with the FEL and a 6' BB. These tractor will really move some dirt and very accurately with the Hydrostat!

Pics please!

IMG_20160511_181146690_HDR.jpgIMG_20160511_182341204.jpg

Hopefully you get the pics if not I will try again